Accounting Analyst I
Posted on: July 26, 2022
Location: Sheetz Corporate - Altoona, PA PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS
POSITION: Responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting
information by analyzing, verifying, and consolidating
transactions. This position will be presented with opportunities to
propose solutions to accounting problems and exhibit basic
decision-making skills. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be
- Prepares and records complex asset, liability, revenue, and
expense entries by compiling and analyzing account
- Maintains and balances accounts by verifying, allocating,
reconciling transactions, and resolving discrepancies.
- Recommends financial actions supported through analysis and
- Contributes to the maintenance of the trial balance by
reconciling and promoting entries for posting to the general
- Assists with the external audit of financial statements by
reviewing accounts and providing requested schedules to
- Ability to report and communicate results of analysis to
management, as requested.
- Maintains accounting controls in adherence to and through
recommendation of policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and
- Maintains financial security by following internal
- Preserves and enhances job knowledge by reading professional
publications; participating in educational opportunities;
maintaining professional networks; participating in professional
organizations. REQUIREMENTS: (Equivalent combinations of education,
licenses, certifications and/or experience may be considered)
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or
Finance from an accredited college or university required
Minimum of three years of work
experience in general accounting or related field required.
None required Tools & Equipment
None required ABOUT SHEETZSheetz,
Inc. is a fast-growing, family-owned, food/convenience company that
has been in business since 1952. Sheetz has over 600 locations in
Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and North
Carolina. Our mission at Sheetz has been to meet the needs of
customers on the go. Of course, things have changed over those
nearly 70 years. Life is faster and busier, and customers expect us
to be there when they need us most. One thing that hasn't changed
is our commitment to our customers, our employees and the
communities in which we operate. Sheetz donates millions of dollars
every year to the charities it holds dear.
Keywords: Sheetz, Altoona , Accounting Analyst I, Accounting, Auditing , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!