Manager Trainee ($46k-$50k) + $840 Sign-on Bonus
Company: 84 Lumber Company
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Description/Job Summary84 Lumber soon will be subject to COVID19
vaccine requirements under OSHA's Emergency Temporary Standard. As
a result, we are requiring all new associates to submit proof of
full vaccination with one of the three COVID-19 vaccines approved
and/or authorized by the FDA, or proof of having received the first
vaccine dose with the second dose scheduled, on or before their
first day of employment, unless the associate has been approved for
Why 84 Lumber?
- 84 Lumber is a promote from within company. If you invest in
yourself, we will invest in you! Nearly 95% of our Managers, Area
Managers, Divisional Vice Presidents, and Upper Management started
their careers with 84 Lumber as Manager Trainees.
- Manager Trainees can get promoted within their first 7 to 12
months, based on performance and position availability. This first
promotion can lead to up to a 40% increase in annual pay. Manager
Trainees average promotion time to become a General Manager is
within three to four years, based on performance and position
- Your personal performance and position availability are the
primary factors to be promoted at 84 Lumber.
- 84 Lumber has an extensive training program that can take
individuals with zero industry knowledge and prepare them to be
General Managers within three to four years. We give you the tools
to be successful!
Benefits provided to full-time associates:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing
- Paid Sick, Personal and Vacation time
- Holiday pay
Associate is responsible for learning the total operations of the
location. This includes sales, creating material estimates from
blueprints, inventory control, building loads for delivery,
loading/unloading freight and maintaining physical location plant.
Associate must complete course of study as outlined within assigned
- Freight handling
- Maintain and merchandise store inventory
- Invoicing and POS System
- Inventory System
- Human Resources System
- Word Processing Software
- Spreadsheet and Internet Software
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common financial
- Learn to read Blueprints and create material list
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions; interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and
- deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This position can involve working outdoors or being exposed to wet,
humid, extremely hot or extremely cold conditions. May require
working in a highly precarious place and near moving mechanical
parts. There may be a risk of electrical shock. The position may be
exposed to vibrations, airborne particles or toxic chemicals.
This position involves frequently standing, walking, use of hands,
reaching, talking, listening and writing. Periodically lifts up to
80 pounds, stoops, crouches. Rarely sits, climb, balance and
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work depends on hours of
operations, willing to work 48+ hours per week.
Limited travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Keywords: 84 Lumber Company, Altoona , Manager Trainee ($46k-$50k) + $840 Sign-on Bonus, Executive , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!