Automation General Manager
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Who we are
With its A.I.-powered robotic technology platform, Symbotic is
changing the way consumer goods move through the supply chain.
Intelligent software orchestrates advanced robots in a
high-density, end-to-end system - reinventing warehouse automation
for increased efficiency, speed and flexibility.
What we need
We are seeking a n Automation General Manager to oversee the
operations and production management for Symbotic's customer
distribution centers sites. We are looking for a n Automation
General Manager to lead the site team towards operations goals. The
Automation General Manager should have strong interpersonal skills
and the ability to promote a team environment. With a desire to
provide "world class" service to distribution network.
What we do
The Autom ation General Manager is part of the Customer Operations
organization which is responsible for leading the day-to-day
operations of Symbotic's robotic material handling system. The
Customer Operations organization drives operational excellence by
engaging and partnering with our onsite customers to drive
best-in-class quality, safety and system performance.
What you'll do
- Observe automation operations and production management on the
customer site for performance, analyze cause & effect, and take
appropriate action .
- Develop and be accountable to operating plan and financial
- Communicate and lead operating plan targets, action plans, and
status to site team plan of record.
- Manage compliance for safety and quality initiatives.
- Monitor progress toward operations goals and provide reporting
to customer and internal cross functional teams.
- Promote continuous improvement in safety, quality, delivery,
and cost performance and leading positive change.
- Support staff or team members by providing training,
instruction, and leadership with regards to their personal growth
and job performance.
What you'll need
- Bachelors degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or
Industrial Automation or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of related functional management and direct
- Knowledge and experience in logistics , material management,
inventory control systems, and manufacturing operations.
- Knowledge of quality systems especially TS requirements.
- Direct experience with Lean Production concepts and tools.
- Budget preparation and control experience.
- Flexible working hours, overtime and travel required .
- Leadership skills with ability to motivate cross-functional or
- Frequent ability to safely and efficiently lift items weighing
up to 60lbs and move items weighing up to 80lbs.
- Stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Must be capable of occasional and/or continuous feeling,
seeing, hearing, bending, twisting, stooping, pushing, pulling,
balancing, gripping, climbing, crawling, sitting, handling objects,
and repetitive movement using both hands and feet.
- Must be able to work at heights of up to 45 feet and within
restrictive areas of 24 inches.
- Subject to environmental conditions, protection from weather
conditions but not necessarily temperature changes. Must be capable
of working in temperatures ranging from 105 to 32 Fahrenheit.
- Travel up to 75% required for the first 4 months to various
Symbotic Sites for onboarding and training.
Symbotic is an automation technology leader reimagining the supply
chain with its end-to-end, AI-powered robotic and software
platform. Symbotic reinvents the warehouse as a strategic asset for
the world's largest retail, wholesale, and food & beverage
companies. Applying next-gen technology, high-density storage and
machine learning to solve today's complex distribution challenges,
Symbotic enables companies to move goods with unmatched speed,
agility, accuracy and efficiency. As the backbone of commerce the
Symbotic platform transforms the flow of goods and the economics of
supply chain for its customers. For more information, visit .
We are a community of innovators, collaborators and pioneers who
embrace our differences, because we know unique perspectives make
us stronger and smarter. Every perspective matters. We depend on
the collective voices of our employees, customers and community to
help guide us as we build a better place to work - for you and the
world. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity
We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity,
gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Keywords: Symbotic, Altoona , Automation General Manager, Executive , Woodland, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!