RN Patient Care Manager
Company: Nason Hospital Home Health Agency
Location: Roaring Spring
Posted on: September 15, 2023
We are hiring for a Patient Care Manager RN.
At Nason Home Health, a part of LHC Group, we embrace a culture of
caring, belonging, and trust and enjoy the meaningful connections
that come from it: for the whole patient, their families, each
other, and the communities we serveit truly is all about helping
people. You can find a home for your career here.As a Patient Care
Manager, you can expect:
- opportunities to get closer to patients and provide quality
support to your patient-facing teams
- to be valued and respected by patients and their families
- a sense of security, incredible team support, and flexibility
for true work-life balance
- leadership development opportunitiesOur Patient Care Manager
role might be a great opportunity if you believe in putting the
patient at the center of everything. Apply today!The Home Health
Patient Care Manager is responsible for the overall supervision and
coordination of clinical services. Coordinates and supervises an
interdisciplinary team of staff to assure the continuity of high
quality care to home health patients assigned to the team's area in
accordance with physician prescribed plan of care, and all
applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Receives referrals and ensures appropriate clinician and/or
therapist(s) assignments for timely patient evaluation by signing
off after authorization and plotting start of care (SOC)
- Coordinates determination of patient home health benefits,
medical necessity, and ongoing insurance approvals.
- Ensures patient needs are continually assessed and care
rendered is individualized to patient needs, appropriate and
reasonable, meets home health eligibility criteria, and is in
accordance to physician orders.
- Oversees and assures development, implementation, and updates
to the individualized patient plan of care, as appropriate.
- Manages and documents phone calls from physicians, clinicians,
patients, referral sources, and communicates patient updates/new
orders to clinicians. Uses coordination notes to document, as
needed and appropriate.
- Reviews assessments and plans of care daily, per assigned
workflow, and consults clinicians with recommendations, as
- Coordinates all aspects of care with all disciplines,
physicians, durable medical equipment providers, caregivers/family
members, transferring facilities, and any other applicable
- Follows-up on lab and other clinical diagnostic test, physician
contact, and significant changes in the patient condition to ensure
adequate physician notification, follow-up, and needed plan of care
modifications and communicates such to clinicians.
- Schedules, prepares for, facilitates, and documents case
conference/SOC reports and facilitates effective exchange of
information across disciplines especially with adverse findings,
changes in patient condition, daily and urgent updates, as
- Assists clinicians in coordinating the transfer and discharge
of patients from agency services as indicated by the
- Receives report from field clinicians prior to scheduled days
off on patient status and ongoing needs.
- Processes new orders and updates the visit frequency, as
appropriate, when the oncall RN takes supplemental verbal orders
which alter frequency going forward.
- Writes and processes orders when taking verbal orders directly
from the physician and communicates such to field clinicians.
- Assures payer change documentation is completed properly and
timely, as required.
- Reviews clinician visit notes weekly to ensure timely,
complete, appropriate, and accurate submission of all documentation
by field staff. Takes necessary action to correct adverse findings
and communicates trending to clinical director.
- Reviews, evaluates, and supervises service delivery to ensure
appropriateness of care and utilization of services, equipment, and
supplies through activities such as random patient visits, medical
record reviews and case conferences.
- Enters infections and incidents/occurrences into the online
Risk Management Incident Reporting System, as specified by
- Assists in the orientation of new agency personnel.
- Provides direction and leadership to clinical team members in
collaboration with the clinical director.
- Provides direct patient care, as necessary, in accordance to
scope of practice and physician orders.
- Participates in QAPI program.
- Assures compliance with and ensures timely follow up on daily
clinical and coding edits.
- Directs clinicians in utilizing best practice interventions
when finalizing Plan of Care for all patients.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Follows-up with On-Call events daily.
- Receives report from weekend and after-hours clinicians
admitting new patients.
- Completes LHC required learning courses, additional assignments
per Executive Director request, as well as any state specific
required training per state regulation/practice act
- Directs team in adherence to and participates in the Episode
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current RN licensure in state of practice
- Current CPR certification required
- Current Driver's License, vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportationRequired
Keywords: Nason Hospital Home Health Agency, Altoona , RN Patient Care Manager, Executive , Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!