RN Care Manager - Geisinger at Home (Company Car)
Location: Mapleton Depot
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job Title: RN Care Manager - Geisinger at Home (Company Car)
Location: Lewistown, Pennsylvania
Job Category: RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: Geisinger at Home Care Management Division
Date Posted: 07/27/2023
Job ID: R-50280
Job SummaryWorks with physician and multidisciplinary team members
to develop plan of care for each assigned patient from admission
through discharge. Ensure patient is progressing towards desired
outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through
assessments and evaluations. Assess and respond to patient and
family needs by coordinating efforts of other team members.
Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective patient
- Works in conjunction with physicians, nurses, inter
disciplinary team and others to assess, plan and initiate patient
plan of care.
- Facilitates and coordinates details of the actual discharge to
- Facilitates and coordinates an individualized care coordination
- Serves as a resource to physician and hospital personnel
regarding available agency, facility, and community services to
assist in discharge planning.
- Completes appropriate federal, state and local forms.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and participation in
quality monitoring and improvement by monitoring quality of care
using predetermined criteria, reporting potential risk and quality
management issues identified from medical record review to
appropriate departments through defined processes, and enters data
as requested and appropriate for role, to support quality
improvement initiatives into appropriate system.
- Conducts on-going case review for delays or variances in care;
raises issues with appropriate department, attending physician and
- Captures data per department policy.
- Communicates to appropriate physician identified issues for
resolution and intervention.
- Uses approved medical necessity criteria as a tool to ensure
that patients meet appropriateness of the setting.
- Actively involves payer liaison role in any case that has
potential of not meeting medical necessity guidelines.
- Supports payer liaison role to resolve barriers through
appropriate administrative and medical channels to avoid third
party payer denials.
- Maintains awareness of all concurrent denials through
interaction with payer liaison.
- Works with payer liaison to facilitate timely discharge or
alternative plan of care acceptable to physician, family and
payer.Work is typically performed in a clinical and office
environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.
- Hours: -Typical hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm with 1 shift a week
from 10:00am to 6:30pm
- On Call: -Rotation based. Approximately every 6 weeks you'll
have a weekend on-call. 1 holiday on call per year. Will be fully
reviewed at interview.
- Travel: -This position is community-based and requires travel
between patient's homes. Company Car with gas card provided.
Primary locations will be within Mifflin and Juniata counties.
- Preferred Experience: -Prior ED, ICU or Home Health Experience
is preferred but not required.
- To learn more about Geisinger at Home, please visit: -
cares about not only its patients and members but also about you
and your family. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits
package to ensure that you and your loved ones can maintain good
health, achieve financial stability, and excel both personally and
professionally.Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage starting on your first
day of employment with three medical plan options, including
flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability
coverage paid for by the company
- A competitive 401(k) plan with automatic Geisinger
contributions beginning on your first day of employment
- A generous paid time off (PTO) plan that allows you to accrue
- Access to the MyHealth Rewards wellness program, which helps
you improve your health and earn incentives
- Support for families, including adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave, and a free care.com membership
with discounted backup care for your loved ones
- We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive environment
where all employees can be their authentic selves. That's why we
offer several Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), which provide
opportunities for you to network and develop professionally. Our
ERGs are open to all employees and are formed around common
identities.To learn more about our benefit offerings, please
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
(Required), Bachelor's Degree-Healthcare Related Degree
ExperienceMinimum of 3 years-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Registered Nurse
(Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support
Certification - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Altoona , RN Care Manager - Geisinger at Home (Company Car), Executive , Mapleton Depot, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!