Registered Nurse - Days/Evenings - Med/Surg Telemetry Unit
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Registered NurseT10 Med/Surg
Telemetry1.0 Full-Time Day/Evening rotationSEIUPosted: 7/08/2020We
are seeking a Registered Nurse to join our team and support our
Med/Surg Telemetry unit on Tower 10 of UPMC Altoona hospital. This
position would rotate between two shifts on 7a-7:30p and two shifts
on 3p-11:30p per week, including rotating weekends and holidays.T10
is a fast-paced 47 bed acute care, medical-surgical telemetry unit.
We care for adults with acute and chronic conditions spanning a
wide variety of diagnosis.Our patient population consists of, but
is not limited to, renal insufficiency, sepsis, CHF, wound care,
respiratory conditions, behavioral health patients with medical
conditions and general surgical procedures.We are NIHSS certified
to care for stable stroke patients. Our team is trained in
telemetry monitoring to care for cardiac patients such as cardiac
catheterizations.T10 offers a broad spectrum of experiences
enabling the development of adaptability, organizational and time
management skills.T10 has an amazing team of Registered Nurses,
Medical Assistants, Nursing Assistants, Respiratory Therapists,
Physical Therapists, Physicians, Case Management and a leadership
team who collaborate to provide exceptional patient care to our
diverse patient population.We have an exceptional team of
professionals who are here to guide you to succeed whether a new
graduate nurse or an experienced nurse.This position is eligible
for a generous sign-on bonus! Whether you're a recent Graduate
Nurse looking to launch your nursing career, or a seasoned RN
seeking a change, now is your moment to find your place at
UPMC!Sign-On Bonus Details (Full Time or Flex Full Time status)
- $10,000 sign-on bonus available for nurses with over two years
- $5,000 sign-on bonus available for Graduate Nurses and nurses
with less than two years of experience
- Part Time status positions are also eligible for sign-on bonus
at a prorated amount - $5,000 for experienced nurses with over 2
years of experience, and $2,500 for GNs and nurses with less than 2
years of experiencePurpose:Provides direct and indirect care to
patients utilizing the nursing process. Provides leadership for the
nursing team, and contributes to the education of a variety of
members of the staff and students.Responsibilities:
- Completes annual competency validation activities.
- Maintains proficiency and competency in point of care testing
as defined in the evaluation criteria established by the
- Demonstrates professionalism in providing patient care.
- Adheres to universal precautions. Identified potential problems
and initiates appropriate measures. Identifies environmental
factors which deter effective patient care, initiates action, and
contributes ideas towards resolution.
- Evaluation a.Revises plan of care, as necessary based on daily
evaluation of patient. b.Evaluates patient's outcome based on
previously defined goals. c.Evaluates and documents the patient's
response to care, teaching, and treatment.
- Planning: a.Includes the patient and family/significant other
in the formulation of the plan of care. b. Prioritizes patient's
needs appropriately. c. Plans, conducts, and documents patient care
conferences. d. Maintains a current plan of care for each assigned
patient. e. Utilizes appropriate community agencies and other
health care professionals in planning care.
- Utilizes Bed Management System, Alpha, CPOE, and all other
computer systems appropriately,
- Engages the medical staff and other professionals in discussion
of patient care problems resulting in mutually developed plans of
- Serves as a consultant to other members of the health-care
- Assessment a. Assesses patient and family needs and documents
this information appropriately in the computer or on appropriate
form. b. Reassesses patient every eight hours, and, as
- Implementation: a. Utilizes nursing care protocols and
standards. b. Carries out and documents procedures according to
Hospital Policy. c. Performs technical skills safely and
accurately, and demonstrates a working knowledge of equipment. d.
Transcribes and implements physicians' orders appropriately. e.
Demonstrates knowledge of the physiological basis for the nursing
care delivery. f. Demonstrates knowledge of medication and IV
therapy administration according to policy. g. Initiates and
coordinates health teaching for patients and families/significant
other based on individual needs.
- Complies with established occupational exposure
policies.QualificationsEducation and Formal Training Required:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, BSN
- Must hold a current license to practice nursing in the State of
- Must satisfactorily complete the Nursing Department's
orientation program and probationary period.
- Must complete NIHSS education prior to end of orientation
period, if required.
- Experience Required: None, RN experience preferred.
- Must complete the Trauma Nurse Course within one year of
- Must maintain eight stroke and six trauma competencies per
- Must attend Trauma Symposium yearly.
- ACLS preferred, BLS required.
- Ortho and or Neuro care experience preferred.
- Current proficiency preferred in skilled initiation and
maintenance of IV Therapy in all age levels.
- Previous experience preferred in initiation and maintenance of
Intravascular Access devices.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting methods and prior experience in
administration of Cathflo for poorly functioning or clotted Central
venous lines and ports preferred.Licensure, Certifications, and
Clearances:CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a
didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 34GN level candidate starting rate - $26.31 (BSN
$27.56)Experienced RN starting rate - starting rate commensurate
with experience (BSN differential: $1.25)When you are ready to take
your career to the next level, UPMC Altoona has a RN Career Ladder,
which allows you to enhance your practice and receive additional
compensation! Ask your recruiter for details!UPMC is an Equal
Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranTotal RewardsMore than just
competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares
for you in all areas of life &emdash; because we believe that
you're at your best when receiving the support you need:
professional, personal, financial, and more.Our ValuesAt UPMC,
we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us
accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety ,
Dignity & Respect , Caring & Listening , Responsibility & Integrity
, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive,
positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan
members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.For the best
application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from
a non-mobile device.
Keywords: UPMC, Altoona , Registered Nurse - Days/Evenings - Med/Surg Telemetry Unit, Healthcare , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!