Registered Nurse - Days - 5E Med/Surg Telemetry
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Registered Nurse5E Med/Surg Telemetry.9 Day 7a-7p w/prn
rotationSEIUPOSTED: 06/09/20205E is a 20- bed adult
Medical/Surgical telemetry monitoring capable inpatient nursing
unit. We see a variety of patients with varying medical issues
which allows for a nurse to develop a well- rounded skill set. The
variety in patients will keep your passion burning and eliminate
the monotony of caring for the same patient types every day.Our
nurses are required to obtain trauma education and certification
within one year of hire as we are a preferred unit for
medical/surgical trauma patients.What makes 5E an exceptional place
to work? We have a team of amazing caregivers who collaborate to
provide excellent care to our diverse patient population. Our wide
variety of patients offers each nurse the opportunity to experience
various clinical experiences daily.As a team member on 5E, you will
enjoy a supportive team environment, a leadership team that is
invested in your growth, and diverse learning opportunities.This
position is eligible for a generous sign-on bonus! Whether you're a
recent Graduate Nurse looking to launch your nursing career, or a
seasoned RN seeking a change, now is your moment to find your place
at UPMC!Sign-On Bonus Details (Full Time or Flex Full Time
- $10,000 sign-on bonus available for nurses with over two years
- $5,000 sign-on bonus available for Graduate Nurses and nurses
with less than two years of experience
- Part Time status positions are also eligible for sign-on bonus
at a prorated amount - $5,000 for experienced nurses with over 2
years of experience, and $2,500 for GNs and nurses with less than 2
years of experiencePurpose:Provides direct and indirect care to
patients utilizing the nursing process. Provides leadership for the
nursing team, and contributes to the education of a variety of
members of the staff and students.Responsibilities:
- Implementation:a. Utilizes nursing care protocols and
standards.b. Carries out and documents procedures according to
Hospital Policy.c. Performs technical skills safely and accurately,
and demonstrates a working knowledge of equipment.d. Transcribes
and implements physicians' orders appropriately.e. Demonstrates
knowledge of the physiological basis for the nursing care
delivery.f. Demonstrates knowledge of medication and IV therapy
administration according to policy.g. Initiates and coordinates
health teaching for patients and families/significant other based
on individual needs.
- Engages the medical staff and other professionals in discussion
of patient care problems resulting in mutually developed plans of
- Utilizes Bed Management System, Alpha, CPOE, and all other
computer systems appropriately,
- Assessmenta. Assesses patient and family needs and documents
this information appropriately in the computer or on appropriate
form.b. Reassesses patient every eight hours, and, as necessary.
- Planning:a.Includes the patient and family/significant other in
the formulation of the plan of care.b. Prioritizes patient's needs
appropriately.c. Plans, conducts, and documents patient care
conferences.d. Maintains a current plan of care for each assigned
patient.e. Utilizes appropriate community agencies and other health
care professionals in planning care.
- Evaluationa.Revises plan of care, as necessary based on daily
evaluation of patient.b.Evaluates patient's outcome based on
previously defined goals.c.Evaluates and documents the patient's
response to care, teaching, and treatment.
- Adheres to universal precautions.Identified potential problems
and initiates appropriate measures.Identifies environmental factors
which deter effective patient care, initiates action, and
contributes ideas towards resolution.
- Complies with established occupational exposure policies.
- Completes annual competency validation activities.
- Maintains proficiency and competency in point of care testing
as defined in the evaluation criteria established by the
- Demonstrates professionalism in providing patient care.
- Serves as a consultant to other members of the health-care
team.QualificationsEducation and Formal Training Required:
- Must hold a current license to practice nursing in the State of
- must satisfactorily complete the Nursing Department's
orientation program and probationary period.
- Must complete NIHSS education prior to end of orientation
period, if required.Experience Required:
- ACLS preferred, BLS required. PALS for specific units.
- When assigned to STICU, T14-Surgical, T11, 5E, SPCU, must
complete the Trauma Nurse Course within one year of hire.
- Must maintain six stroke and six trauma competencies per
- Must attend Trauma Symposium yearly.Licensure, Certifications,
and Clearances:CPR required based on AHA standards that include
both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI ClearanceUPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Disability/VeteranGN level candidate starting rate -
$26.31 (BSN $27.56)Experienced RN starting rate - starting rate
commensurate with experience (BSN differential: $1.25)When you are
ready to take your career to the next level, UPMC Altoona has a RN
Career Ladder, which allows you to enhance your practice and
receive additional compensation! Ask your recruiter for
details!Total RewardsMore than just competitive pay and benefits,
UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life
&emdash; because we believe that you're at your best when
receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial,
and more.Our ValuesAt UPMC, we're driven by shared values that
guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values
of Quality & Safety , Dignity & Respect , Caring & Listening ,
Responsibility & Integrity , Excellence & Innovation play a vital
role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees,
patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us?
Apply today.For the best application experience, we encourage you
to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Keywords: UPMC, Altoona , Registered Nurse - Days - 5E Med/Surg Telemetry, Healthcare , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!