Registered Nurse - D/N - Ortho/Neuro Unit
Posted on: January 9, 2021
This position is eligible for a
generous sign-on bonus! Whether you're a recent Graduate Nurse
looking to launch your nursing career, or a seasoned RN seeking a
change, now is your moment to find your place at UPMC!Sign-On Bonus
Details (Full Time or Flex Full Time status)
- $10,000 sign-on bonus available for nurses with over two years
- $5,000 sign-on bonus available for Graduate Nurses and nurses
with less than two years of experience*Part Time status positions
are also eligible for sign-on bonus at a prorated amount - $5,000
for experienced nurses with over 2 years of experience, and $2,500
for GNs and nurses with less than 2 years of experienceRegistered
Nurse - Ortho/Neuro.9 Day/Night rotationSEIUReposted:
9/28/2020Tower 11 is a 44 bed, orthopedic, trauma, neurological,
medical surgical monitored unit, serving the adult population. We
are the unit of choice for patients with orthopedic surgeries,
neurological surgeries, fractures, trauma, neurological disorders
and medical cases. We are trained in caring for complex fractures
and post-operative care of joint replacements.What makes Tower 11 a
special place to work? We have an amazing team of Nurses, Nursing
Assistants, Physical Therapists, Physicians, and Case Management,
who collaborate to provide exceptional patient care to our diverse
patient population.Purpose:Provides direct and indirect care to
patients utilizing the nursing process. Provides leadership for the
nursing team, and contributes to the education of a variety of
members of the staff and students.Responsibilities:
- Engages the medical staff and other professionals in discussion
of patient care problems resulting in mutually developed plans of
- Implementation: a. Utilizes nursing care protocols and
standards. b. Carries out and documents procedures according to
Hospital Policy. c. Performs technical skills safely and
accurately, and demonstrates a working knowledge of equipment. d.
Transcribes and implements physicians' orders appropriately. e.
Demonstrates knowledge of the physiological basis for the nursing
care delivery. f. Demonstrates knowledge of medication and IV
therapy administration according to policy. g. Initiates and
coordinates health teaching for patients and families/significant
other based on individual needs.
- Serves as a consultant to other members of the health-care
- Identifies environmental factors which deter effective patient
care, initiates action, and contributes ideas towards
- Utilizes Bed Management System, Alpha, CPOE, and all other
computer systems appropriately,
- Complies with established occupational exposure policies.
- Adheres to universal precautions.
- Planning a.Includes the patient and family/significant other in
the formulation of the plan of care. b. Prioritizes patient's needs
appropriately. c. Plans, conducts, and documents patient care
conferences. d. Maintains a current plan of care for each assigned
patient. e. Utilizes appropriate community agencies and other
health care professionals in planning care.
- Assessment a. Assesses patient and family needs and documents
this information appropriately in the computer or on appropriate
form. b. Reassesses patient every eight hours, and, as
- Identified potential problems and initiates appropriate
- Completes annual competency validation activities.
- Evaluation a. Revises plan of care, as necessary based on daily
evaluation of patient. b. Evaluates patient's outcome based on
previously defined goals. c. Evaluates and documents the patient's
response to care, teaching, and treatment.
- Maintains proficiency and competency in point of care testing
as defined in the evaluation criteria established by the
- Demonstrates professionalism in providing patient
care.QualificationsEducation and Formal Training Required:
- Must hold a current license to practice nursing in the State of
- must satisfactorily complete the Nursing Department's
orientation program and probationary period.
- Must complete NIHSS education prior to end of orientation
period, if required.Experience Required: None
- ACLS preferred, BLS required. PALS for specific units.
- To attain the RN Career Ladder Level 2, the RN must complete a
total of six (6) objectives from the Pillar Dashboard. The RN may
choose any six (6), but must choose at least one (1) objective from
each of the Pillar categories listed in the SEIU contract. No
objective may be repeated during the Career Ladder application
- When assigned to STICU, ICU, T14-Surgical, T11, 5E, SPCU, must
complete the Trauma Nurse Course within one year of hire. Must
maintain six stroke and six trauma competencies per year. Must
attend Trauma Symposium yearly.Licensure, Certifications, and
Clearances:CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a
didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 34UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Disability/VeteranGN level candidate starting rate -
$26.31 (BSN $27.56)Experienced RN starting rate - starting rate
commensurate with experience (BSN differential: $1.25)When you are
ready to take your career to the next level, UPMC Altoona has a RN
Career Ladder, which allows you to enhance your practice and
receive additional compensation! Ask your recruiter for
details!Total RewardsMore than just competitive pay and benefits,
UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life
&emdash; because we believe that you're at your best when
receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial,
and more.Our ValuesAt UPMC, we're driven by shared values that
guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values
of Quality & Safety , Dignity & Respect , Caring & Listening ,
Responsibility & Integrity , Excellence & Innovation play a vital
role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees,
patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us?
Apply today.For the best application experience, we encourage you
to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Keywords: UPMC, Altoona , Registered Nurse - D/N - Ortho/Neuro Unit, Healthcare , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!