Licensed Therapist / Respiratory Therapy / Pennsylvania / Respiratory Therapist 12-hour shifts Job
Company: Therapist Jobs
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona is an 80-bed
inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital that provides comprehensive
inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. We offer a wide
base of physical rehabilitative care for orthopedic, neurologic,
multi-trauma, spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, pulmonary,
cardiac rehabilitation needs and more. We have the second largest
outpatient program for Encompass Health in Pennsylvania. We have
outpatient clinics in Altoona, Duncansville, Tyrone and Bedford.
Our clinics provide physical therapy, occupational therapy and
speech therapy in a team-based environment. Our inpatient hospital
has a full complement of therapists, nurses, behavioral health
providers and medical staff to offer the best possible outcomes for
our patients. With an average length of stay of approximately 2
weeks, we have the ability to get to know our patients and their
families. We are proud of the fact that approximately 80% of the
inpatients admitted to Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of
Altoona are discharged directly to their homes, many of which
return for outpatient services to one of our clinics. Come see how
we are changing people's lives- everyday. Maybe you can too! Six
JCAHO disease specific certification: Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury,
Brain Injury, Cardiac and Ortho Rehab, Advanced Diabetes. To learn
more about us, please visit us online at The Respiratory Therapist
provides respiratory therapy treatment and patient care according
to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and
guidelines. In additions, the position creates an environment and
culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by
providing patient centered care and treatment in a safe manner. Job
Code: 100135 License or Certification:
- Current State License in Respiratory Therapy.
- CPR certification
- ACLS certification preferred.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- 2 years hospital experience in Respiratory Therapy preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax
machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a
minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or
pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and
repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested
when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds
these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for
patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet
deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or
night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations,
i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster
situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
Address: 2005 Valley View Blvd, Altoona 16602
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2222292
Contact Name - External: Christine Filer
Contact Email - External: Christine.Filer@encompasshealth.com
Keywords: Therapist Jobs, Altoona , Licensed Therapist / Respiratory Therapy / Pennsylvania / Respiratory Therapist 12-hour shifts Job, Healthcare , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!