Chief of Neurology - UPMC Altoona - Sign-on Bonus - J1 and H1B sponsorship - Job in Pennsylvania
Posted on: August 1, 2022
UPMC Altoona is recruiting a Chief of Neurology for their
hospital in Altoona, PA. The physician will join a group of three
Neurologists, three Advanced Providers and two Neurohospitalists.
Must have an MD or equivalent, be board eligible or board certified
in Neurology with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license.
J1 and H1B visa sponsorship available.
- 90% Clinical and 10% Administrative
- Flexible schedule, full time position
- No Call
- Clinical academic appointment
- See an average of 15-20 patients/day
- Current providers read EEGs and EMGs
- EPIC EMR for outpatient and Cerner for inpatient
- Ability to build and grow a subspecialty
- Ability to have autonomy and decision making with a supportive
and collaborative group
What we Offer
- $35K sign-on bonus plus relocation assistance
- $3,500 CME allowance plus five days
- Twenty days PTO plus seven holidays
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- Outstanding benefit package including health, dental, vision
About UPMC Altoona and UPMC
- UPMC Altoona (part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical
Center hospital network) is a 400-bed regional health care system
providing care to residents of a six-county service area in central
- UPMC Altoona is a level ll trauma center, regional oncology
center, and a JCAHO-certified stroke center with 24/7 care and a
renowned interventional Neurology program
- UPMC Altoona provides comprehensive cardiology and
cardiovascular surgery, behavioral health and a vascular and wound
care center. The Health System's medical staff is comprised of
approximately 400 primary care physicians and specialists.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors' offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective,
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among
the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research
funding since 1998
About the Community
- Located in the Altoona/Blair County/Central Pennsylvania
- Very reasonable cost of living
- Family-oriented community
- Excellent school systems
- Abundant cultural amenities including hiking, biking, paddling,
fishing and skiing at nearby state parks, resorts and rail trails,
Big10 sports, national touring performing artists
- Active social scene from neighboring State College, home to
Penn State's University Park campus.
- Centrally located with easy access to larger, neighboring
cities. Between 40 minutes to 4.5 hours to major cities including
Pittsburgh, State College, Philadelphia, DC, and NYC.
- Unlimited outdoor and recreational opportunities
Interested candidates should send their CV to Lori Leo,
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC's COVID
vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards
package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe
that you're at your best when receiving the support you need:
professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep
us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety,
Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity,
Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive,
positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan
members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Keywords: UPMC, Altoona , Chief of Neurology - UPMC Altoona - Sign-on Bonus - J1 and H1B sponsorship - Job in Pennsylvania, Healthcare , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!