Medical Assistant- Women's Health
Location: Port Matilda
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Job Title: Medical Assistant- Women's Health
Location: Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Patient Support, Nursing and Nursing Support
Work Type: Full time
Department: Urogynecology Division
Date Posted: 08/23/2023
Job ID: R-49787
Job SummarySupports patients and providers within the outpatient
setting by performing basic direct patient care activities.
Job Duties*** $1500 Sign on Bonus for Qualified Applicants***
- Provides basic patient care duties such as taking vital signs,
weights, assisting patient with ambulation, dressing and undressing
for examination, as directed by the provider and clinical
- Assists provider in setting up for minor procedures, gathering
supplies and equipment, applying aseptic dressings, opening
- Obtains and accurately documents patient information using the
rooming tool within the electronic medical record.
- Completes medication review.
- Accompanies providers and care team members during patient
examinations and assists as directed.
- Provides support and assistance to patients as needed.
- Reinforces patient instructions to enhance patient
understanding and adherence to treatment, and plan of care.
- Collects and prepares lab specimens, and completes associated
paperwork, forms, and documentation to expedite laboratory studies
with accuracy and efficiency.
- Reports patient concerns and questions to appropriate care team
member and follows through as directed.
- Reports all patient safety incidents or issues, patient and
family complaints, serious events, environmental hazards
immediately to supervisor.
- Provides onsite service recovery as applicable or as delegated
- Completes Midas reports as per policy.
- May have access to non-controlled medication storage and supply
areas and can transport non-controlled medications as necessary to
meet the needs of the clinic and unit.
- Inventories and orders supplies based on appropriate or
established inventory levels.
- Checks for expired items and removes expired supplies from
- Assists in maintaining clean and organized work
- Cleans equipment and routinely inspects condition and operation
of equipment as appropriate to scope of role.
- Cleans and prepares exam rooms between patients.
- Assures adequate stock of supplies and equipment in rooms.
- Performs high level disinfection or sterilization per policy
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
Position Details*** $1500 Sign on Bonus for Qualified
Applicants***We're proud to offer competitive salaries and a
comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Employer contribution to your retirement plan
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
- Generous paid time off packages that allows you to take the
time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with
friends and family.
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and
experienced nursing leaders
- Paid Military Leave
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources Groups
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification
within 6 months - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Altoona , Medical Assistant- Women's Health, Healthcare , Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!