Surgical Technologist II- Operating Room- Days
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Job Title: Surgical Technologist II- Operating Room- Days
Location: Lewistown, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services
Work Type: Full time
Department: GLH Operating Room Team
Date Posted: 08/04/2023
Job ID: R-43673
Job SummaryGeisinger is proud to offer a Surgical Technologist II a
$7,500 hiring incentive for eligible candidates, competitive pay
rates, up to $5/hr shift differential for evening, night and
weekend shifts and up to $40,000 in financial support to become a
Job DutiesBenefits of working at Geisinger:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- Grow your career with up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and -health savings account
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast -
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership
with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- Shared governance structure that empowers our Surgical
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive programJoin the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact our Candidate Care Line at 1-877-564-6447 or Job
Description Surgical Technologists assist in surgical operations.
They are responsible for preparing the operation rooms for surgery;
sterilize and supply equipment; prepare patients for surgery, such
as washing incision site; they help surgeons and nurses during
surgery by passing them instruments and other sterile supplies.
- Assists in the coordination of care in the operating room.
- Prepares the operating room supplies and equipment for surgical
procedures as indicated per surgeon and preference card.
- Practices aseptic techniques while preparing for surgery
including scrubbing, applying surgical gown, gloving, draping and
setting up instrument table.
- Actively participates in surgical Time and Out and Operating
Room briefing according to the universal protocol.
- Identifies correct surgical site with the circulating
Registered Nurse and Surgeon before incision of operative
- Maintains an accurate account of supplies including sponges,
needles and instruments.
- Verifies count with the circulating nurse at end of
- Prepares, identifies and verifies all specimens obtained during
the surgical procedure.
- Follows Universal Protocol standards in the operating
- Identifies and reports any concerns or observations that may
impact patient care, to the Registered Nurse circulator.
- Consistently contributes to the resolution of problems by
offering effective options, alternatives and solutions.
- Adheres to all policies, protocols and standards of care.
- Participates in Joint Commision mandated educational
- Assures all medications and solutions are labeled, under the
Registered Nurses's supervision.Work is typically performed in a
clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
EducationAssociate's Degree-Surgical Technology (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Certified Surgical Technologist - National
Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Altoona , Surgical Technologist II- Operating Room- Days, Healthcare , Lewistown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!