RN Staff Nurse Resource - Med/Surg
Posted on: December 2, 2018
This position is eligible for a generous sign-on bonus! Whether you're a recent Graduate Nurse looking to launch your nursing career, or a seasoned RN seeking a change, now is your moment to find your place at UPMC!
Sign-On Bonus Details (Full Time or Flex Full Time status)
--- $10,000 sign-on bonus available for nurses with over two years of experience
--- $5,000 sign-on bonus available for Graduate Nurses and nurses with less than two years of experience
*Part Time status positions are also eligible for sign-on bonus at a prorated amount - $5,000 for experienced nurses with over 2 years of experience, and $2,500 for GNs and nurses with less than 2 years of experience
RN Staff Nurse Resource - Med/Surg
.9 FT (36 hours) 7a-7p/7p-7a with rotation, NO ON CALL
Union position: SEIU
If you're looking for variety in your assignments, flexibility with scheduling, and expanding your knowledge base, the UPMC Altoona Nursing Resource Pool is the place for you.
This group of experienced nurses is a vital staffing tool in meeting the needs for our Med/Surg, LDRP and Critical Care units throughout the hospital. Resource Nurses have the training and confidence to step onto any unit and deliver the same level of high quality care as regular staff nurses during times of need.
Resource Pool Nurses have the knowledge and flexibility to care for patients in a variety of areas which will never make you feel stagnant in your nursing career and will expand your knowledge base to many fields of medicine. A variety of shift and scheduling options are available to help balance your work and home life, and help boost your income by receiving a generous float differential.
Consider broadening your nursing career by taking a position with the UPMC Altoona Resource Pool!
**Please note the minimum starting rates for this position. Starting rate commensurate with experience.
- ASN/Diploma: $25.57/hour
- BSN: $26.57
- Adheres to universal precautions.
- Identified potential problems and initiates appropriate measures.
- Identifies environmental factors which deter effective patient care, initiates action, and contributes ideas towards resolution.
- Assesses patient and family needs and documents this information appropriately in the computer or on appropriate form.
- Reassesses patient every eight hours, and, as necessary.
- Completes annual competency validation activities.
- Complies with established occupational exposure policies.
- Demonstrates professionalism in providing patient care.
- Engages the medical staff and other professionals in discussion of patient care problems resulting in mutually developed plans of care.
- Revises plan of care, as necessary based on daily evaluation of patient.
- Evaluates patient's outcome based on previously defined goals.
- Evaluates and documents the patient's response to care, teaching, and treatment.
- Utilizes nursing care protocols and standards.
- Carries out and documents procedures according to Hospital Policy.
- Performs technical skills safely and accurately, and demonstrates a working knowledge of equipment.
- Transcribes and implements physicians' orders appropriately.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the physiological basis for the nursing care delivery.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medication and IV therapy administration according to policy.
- Initiates and coordinates health teaching for patients and families/significant other based on individual needs
- Maintains proficiency and competency in point of care testing as defined in the evaluation criteria established by the laboratory.
- Includes the patient and family/significant other in the formulation of the plan of care.
- Prioritizes patient's needs appropriately.
- Plans, conducts, and documents patient care conferences.
- Maintains a current plan of care for each assigned patient.
- Utilizes appropriate community agencies and other health care professionals in planning care.
- Serves as a consultant to other members of the health-care team.
- Utilizes Bed Management System, Alpha, CPOE, and all other computer systems appropriately.
Education and Formal Training Required:
--- Must hold a current license to practice nursing in the State of Pennsylvania
--- Must satisfactorily complete the Nursing Departments orientation program and probationary period.
--- Must complete NIHSS education prior to end of orientation period, if required.
--- Experience Required: 2 years nursing experience.
--- ACLS preferred, BLS required. PALS for specific units.
--- Must complete the Trauma Nurse Course within one year of hire.
--- Must maintain six stroke and six trauma competencies per year.
--- Must attend Trauma Symposium yearly.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Act 33 Child Clearance with Renewal
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance with Renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance
- Basic Life Support or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Certified Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Registered Nurse
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Salary Range: $0 to $0
Union Position: Yes
Keywords: UPMC, Altoona , RN Staff Nurse Resource - Med/Surg, Healthcare , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!