RN - SWAT
Company: Capital Markets Placement
Posted on: February 6, 2019
Employer - SWAT Registered Nurse - Med/Surg & Critical Care - Fulltime - 36hrs, Three 12 hour shifts. Purpose: The SWAT nurse role is utilized to provide clinical support to clinical areas throughout all Employer facilities that have a high need for supplemental staffing. The SWAT nurse has the authority, responsibility, and shift accountability for the delivery of nursing care through the use of the nursing process. The SWAT nurse, in collaboration with other health care professionals, applies competent clinical knowledge and skills to achieve quality care outcomes. The SWAT nurse will be trained and proficient in at least two specialty areas of nursing and utilized to fill shifts in the areas of high need including, but not limited to: med/surg, ICU/CCU, telemetry, step-down, ED, PACU, and long term care facilities. Nurses must be willing to work at all Employer facilities and accept regular rotational assignments as determined by the SWAT team supervisor. Responsibilities:
- Assume responsibility for complex assignments and views problems as challenges.
- Assume the responsibility of charge nurse as needed when staffing requires an experienced staff nurse.
- Collaborate with physician and care team to ensure quality patient care.
- Communicate patient's condition to physician and other key members of the health care team.
- Comply with established medication use policies.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures including standard precautions.
- Constructively receive feedback and direction
- Contribute to the universal unit activities, including but not limited to responding to call lights and telephone, passing meal trays and patient transports.
- Coordinate interdepartmental activities to expedite care.
- Coordinate, provide, and evaluate patient/family education.
- Document in the medical record according to established procedures.
- Ensure equipment malfunctions are reported to the appropriate department, i.e., Maintenance or Biomedical Engineering.
- Establish appropriate, assertive and professional communication strategies.
- Function independently with one day orientation, unless otherwise specified. Maintain critical thinking skills, analytical and problem solving abilities as related to various aspects of patient care. Cultivate professional relationships and communication in the clinical environment.
- Identify and communicates learning needs to appropriate manager.
- Maintain critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and to lead others in application of nursing.
- Maintain standards of nursing care and utilizes standards as a guide for practice.
- Perform work in a timely and productive manner.
- Prior to performing new or challenging skills, requests assistance and reviews relevant policies and procedures.
- Prior training in two areas of nursing and/or is willing to be trained in two different specialty areas of nursing as designated by SWAT team supervisor. Communicate educational needs when necessary. Maintain contact availability for schedule changes when needed. Must be flexible in scheduling to the requirements of the unit assigned.
- Provide basic psychosocial support and counseling.
- Report and record all changes observed in condition or behavior of patients.
- Respond to emergent situations and initiates appropriate actions.
- Seek out appropriate nursing, physician or other health care team intervention.
- Serve as a resource for staff and other disciplines.
- Strengthen interdisciplinary relationships with members of the health care team.
- Strictly adhere to all policies and practices relative to patient care and hospital related information.
- Take action to improve knowledge, skills and performance based on feedback or on self-identified developmental needs.
- Utilize nursing process in managing the care of patients including assessment, interdisciplinary planning, implementation, evaluation of patient care, teaching and discharge planning. Qualifications
- Demonstrated competence in professional nursing practice.
- 3 years nursing experience required.
- Must be able to pass all Employer required testing for Registered Nurses.
- SWAT Nurses must agree to be available to work 72 hours in a bi-weekly pay period, including but not limited to: day, night, weekend and holiday shifts.
- SWAT nurses will be willing and able to report for work at all Employer facilities. Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances: CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire NIH/NIHSS required within 60 days of hire.
- Act 33 Child Clearance with Renewal
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance with Renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Certified National Institute of Health Stroke or National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification
- Older Adult Protective Services Act
- Registered Nurse Employer is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities Salary Range: $0 to $0 Union Position: No
Department: Engineering - provided by Dice Biomedical, Manager, Scheduling, Supervisor, Testing
Keywords: Capital Markets Placement, Altoona , RN - SWAT, Healthcare , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!