Physician (Chief of Medicine and Geriatrics)
Company: US Department of Veterans Affairs
Posted on: February 10, 2019
The selectee will effectively lead the clinical staff to achieve the service's mission and goals. He/she is accountable and responsible to the Chief of Staff for the coordination of clinical activities, clinical staff, inpatient unit, and administrative oversight. The selectee will be providing administrative, clinical, and program leadership for the service to ensure achievement of the clinical and education goals for the Medicine Service, Community Living Center (CLC), Home-based Primary Care (HBPC), and Community Care Home Services. The selectee monitors and insures medical staff compliance with agency regulations, medical staff bylaws, facility policies, Joint Commission (JC) standards, and other regulations.
Work Schedule: The tour of duty for this position is primarily days shift, Monday through Friday, and may include some extended clinic hours, as well as weekend coverage.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
A recruitment/relocation incentive may be authorized for a highly qualified candidate.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Preferred Experience: Previous experience in Medicine and/or Geriatrics, and supervisory experience preferred. Board Certification is highly preferred.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard.
Physical Requirements: A pre-placement examination will be concerned with the mental and physical ability of the applicant to satisfactorily perform the duties of the proposed assignment and will include requisite laboratory and other screening as required by Federal regulatory agencies.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Keywords: US Department of Veterans Affairs, Altoona , Physician (Chief of Medicine and Geriatrics), Healthcare , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!