Company: Ward Transport & Logistics
Posted on: November 14, 2022
Job Title: Payroll Specialist Advertising Title: Req #: 11494
Company: Ward Transport & Logistics Corp Job Code: CSH Location:
Altoona Employment Status: Full Time City: Altoona Area of
Interest: Administrative Support State: PA Rate of Pay: Competitive
Hourly Rate and Benefits Package
JOB TITLE: Payroll Specialist - Full Time
REPORTS TO: Payroll Manager
OVERVIEW OF ROLE: Perform payroll duties as assigned to produce an
accurate weekly employee payroll. Provide internal customer support
to employees and all supervisors that access the system. Work with
the Human Resources and Benefit departments in maintaining accurate
and complete records in all supporting systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Audit employee timekeeping records through Kronos Time &
Attendance for compliance with established standards.
* Work with terminal managers to validate timekeeping records.
* Process and integrate batches from Kronos Time & Attendance to
Kronos Payroll/HR Processing System.
* Review and check trial payroll for accuracy of wages and
* Record and keep up to date records of employee's receiving LOA,
FML and Workers Compensation.
* Maintain and record employee deductions such as wage
garnishments, child support, tax levies, uniforms, etc.
* Update employee direct deposit and W-4 information as
* Review entry of new hires, transfers and terminations into the
timekeeping and Payroll/HR systems, correct data as necessary.
* Produce company identification badges for each employee, work
with managers o maintain records of badge assignments in the Kronos
timekeeping system and their disposal upon employee
* Provide reports and data to the Risk Management and Finance Dept.
* Process employee employment verification and credit requests in a
* Assist employees with questions about their paychecks.
* Assist employees with Kronos Employee Self Serv registration.
* Assist with processing and checking of year-end reports and W-2
* Performs general clerical duties including opening and
distributing department mail, photocopying and scanning of
documents, answering telephones, etc.
* Other duties as assigned by Payroll Manager.
* Must have solid business mathematics skills.
* High school education with some Payroll experience preferred.
* Must maintain high degree of confidentiality.
* Must be detail oriented.
* Must have good verbal and written communication skills and
* Must be proficient with PC's and have a good working knowledge of
word processing and spreadsheet programs.
* Must be able to work hours as needed and work overtime hours when
This job description does not necessarily represent an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or
working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended
to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the
right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks
be performed as circumstances change.
Keywords: Ward Transport & Logistics, Altoona , Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!