Team Lead, Revenue Cycle
Posted on: February 11, 2020
DescriptionAre you a professional interested in building a
rewarding career? This is a great position for talented candidates
who are enthusiastic about using their skills to make a difference
in the world of health care. Our fast-paced environment is an
exciting place to work for results oriented and driven
self-starters. Join our team today!Purpose:Under minimal
supervision, this position will serve as a resource for billing
office staff in areas including, but not limited to, coding, charge
entry, payor guidelines, payment posting and collections. This
position will also function to assist supervisory staff in areas of
workflow and day-to-day operations throughout the Billing
- Assume responsibilities of Supervisor in his/her absence.
- Conduct departmental meetings as required.
- Assist Supervisor in maintaining workflow to ensure that
departmental goals are met.
- Maintain strict confidentiality related to employee and patient
- Develop and maintain training materials and conduct training
and mentoring sessions for new and existing staff.
- Collaborate with management staff to achieve improvements
within the billing office.
- Assist in the interview process.
- Maintain current knowledge of all billing activities and
collaborate with other department leads as necessary to facilitate
- Identify trends in payments, denials, charge capture, and cash
posting that compromise the ability of the department to meet
- Perform essential functions of business office as needed.
- Attend Annual compliance/HIPPA training as required.
- Assist management staff with supervisory activities as
directed, across all functional areas of the billing office.
- Assist employees with day-to-day questions, issues or
- Perform duties and responsibilities in a positive manner that
upholds the management philosophy, policies and procedures of
- HS/Equivalent and 4 years experience in a healthcare setting
with specific experience in business functions such as
registration, charge entry, payment posting, and collections OR
equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Knowledge of medical terminology, third party payer guidelines
and reimbursement practices, and available financial resources for
payment of balances due.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, organizational, and
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Effective problem-solving skills required.
- Must be able to meet departmental goals on an ongoing
- Experience with a billing system is required.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Post-secondary education in healthcare or business related
field is preferred.
- Current knowledge of ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS coding.
- Awareness of compliance and HIPAA guidelines as related to
billing office functions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.Licensure,
Certifications, and Clearances:
- Act 34UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: UPMC, Altoona , Team Lead, Revenue Cycle, Other , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!