This position is eligible for a
generous sign-on bonus! Whether you’re a recent Graduate
Nurse looking to launch your nursing career, or a seasoned RN
seeking a change, now is your moment to find your place at
Sign-On Bonus Details (Full Time or
Flex Full Time status)
- $15,000 sign-on bonus available for nurses with over two years
- $10,000 sign-on bonus available for Graduate Nurses and nurses
with less than two years of experience
- If you are eligible for the $10,000 sign-on bonus, then
you may be eligible to receive an additional $5,000 student loan
GN level candidate starting
- $27.56 (BSN)
- $26.31 (ASN/Diploma in Nursing)
Experienced RNs: pay based on
minimum rates and experience
When you are ready to take your
career to the next level, UPMC Altoona has a RN Career Ladder,
which allows you to enhance your practice and receive additional
compensation! Ask your recruiter for details!
1.0 full time, night shifts (40
Union position: SEIU
Are you a graduate nurse looking to
start your career at a world-class healthcare organization?
Are you an experienced Registered Nurse looking to grow in your
nursing career by using your skills in a fast-paced
environment? Apply now to learn more about our opportunities
within UPMC Altoona’s Emergency Department!
In our Emergency Department, we
have an experienced emergency and trauma team consisting of
doctors, nurses, technicians, and support staff delivering
UPMC Altoona's Emergency Department
offers comprehensive care for minor and major injuries, illnesses,
and serious traumas — 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our
Emergency Department is a 51 bed facility (4 trauma bays
included) as we are a Level 2 trauma center. Our specially
trained experts provide emergency treatments and access to a
wide variety of care for patients experiencing
life-threatening: trauma, heart attack, and stroke along with
utilizing the UPMC Stroke Telemedicine Program.
Our Registered Nurses provide
direct and indirect care to patients utilizing the nursing process,
leadership for the nursing team and contribute to the education of
a variety of members of the staff and students.
- Completes annual competency validation activities.
- Maintains proficiency and competency in point of care testing
as defined in the evaluation criteria established by the
- Demonstrates professionalism in providing patient care.
- Adheres to universal precautions. Identified potential problems
and initiates appropriate measures. Identifies environmental
factors which deter effective patient care, initiates action, and
contributes ideas towards resolution.
- Evaluation: a. Revises plan of care, as necessary based on
daily evaluation of patient. b. Evaluates patient's outcome based
on previously defined goals. c. Evaluates and documents the
patient's response to care, teaching, and treatment.
- Planning: a. Includes the patient and family/significant other
in the formulation of the plan of care. b. Prioritizes patient's
needs appropriately. c. Plans, conducts, and documents patient care
conferences. d. Maintains a current plan of care for each assigned
patient. e. Util0izes appropriate community agencies and other
health care professionals in planning care.
- Utilizes Bed Management System, Alpha, CPOE, and all other
computer systems appropriately.
- Engages the medical staff and other professionals in discussion
of patient care problems resulting in mutually developed plans of
- Serves as a consultant to other members of the healthcare
- Assessment: a. Assesses patient and family needs and documents
this information appropriately in the computer or on appropriate
form. b. Reassesses patient every eight hours, and, as
- Implementation: a. Utilizes nursing care protocols and
standards. b. Carries out and documents procedures according to
Hospital Policy. c. Performs technical skills safely and accurately
demonstrates a working knowledge of equipment. d. Transcribes and
implements physicians' orders appropriately. e. Demonstrates
knowledge of the physiological basis for the nursing care delivery.
f. Demonstrates knowledge of medication and IV therapy
administration according to policy. g. Initiates and coordinates
health teaching for patients and families/significant other based
on individual needs.
- Complies with established occupational exposure policies.
Education and Formal
- Must hold a current license to practice nursing in the State of
- Must satisfactorily complete the Nursing Department's
orientation program and probationary period.
- Must complete NIHSS education prior to end of orientation
period, if required.
- For all positions in Critical Care: CCRN is required within two
years of hire date.
- ACLS preferred, BLS required. PALS for specific
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a
didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity