Registered Nurse (RN), Home Health
Posted on: May 30, 2021
UPMC is hiring a full-time
Home Health Registered Nurse (RN) to cover areas in Northern Blair
County. This role is primarily daylight shifts with an every
third-weekend shift rotation. This is a great role for a
nurse looking for flexible scheduling options and to provide one on
one hands on care to patients in their homes.
Sign-On Bonus Details (Full
- $15,000 sign-on bonus available for nurses with over
two years of experience
- $10,000 sign-on bonus available for nurses with less
than two years of
As a Professional Staff Nurse at
UPMC, you will find:
- Competitive wages, with a BSN differential
- An incomparable benefit package
- 100% Tuition Reimbursement for your BSN/MSN degree through
- A generous PTO program
The Professional Staff Nurse is a
valued step in the UPMC nursing career ladder, with opportunities
for continued growth and advancement!
Join the team that’s providing the
highest quality of home health care in our communities. With
state-of-the-art safety protocols and the support of an academic
medical center, UPMC Senior Services has demonstrated a continued
commitment to keeping both our residents and our employees safe and
healthy, especially throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Make a true impact in your
community where you’ll have the confidence that your care is
clinically backed by a best-in-class health care system and the
rewarding knowledge that you are changing lives every day.
The Professional Staff Nurse is responsible for the delivery of
skilled nursing services to patients in their homes according to
the physician's plan of care, agency policies and procedures,
fiscal intermediaries, regulatory agencies and bodies and within
recognized standards of nursing practice. Must possess the ability
to assess and interpret patient data needed to identify each
patient's requirements relative to the population served.
- Attend compliance training and adhere to the organization
standards of conduct, policies and procedures.
- Focuses on customer service and continually strives to perform
the duties of their job in a manner that will result in optimal
- Assigns other nursing personnel, including LPNs and Aides to
assist in the appropriate delivery of services as ordered on the
plan of care to the patient. Supervises and teaches other nursing
personnel including LPNs and Home Health Aides.
- Identifies, investigates and recommends solutions to
- Identifies any deficits or exceptional performance issues of
other nursing personnel, LPNs and Aides, and recommends
- Proven ability to facilitate change.
- Coordinates case management activities within a multi
disciplinary health care team to insure appropriate delivery of
services to patient.
- Initiates, coordinates and insures ongoing communication with
the physician and other members of the health care team.
- Attends and participates in patient care conferences, team
meetings and other related meetings.
- Performs duties and job responsibilities in a fashion which
coincides with the service management philosophy of UPMC Home
Health Care towards patients, visitors, staff, peers, physicians
and other departments within the organization.
- Identifies, develops and participates in process improvement
opportunities within the home health agency that will enhance the
quality of the services we provide.
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes and adjusts
nursing care process as indicated to ensure optimal patient
- Initiates, coordinates and evaluates patient and family
centered health teaching.
- Establishes the plan of care in collaboration with the
physician, patient and UM Professional in accordance with the
physician orders and patient needs.
- Advises and consults with family and other agency personnel, as
- Completes documentation including visit assessment, OASIS, 485
and Verbal Orders accurately and promptly on the laptop device or
in written documentation while in the patient's home and within the
agency's and regulatory standards.
- Data syncs (transmits) information same day.
- Exercise independent judgment in matters concerning emergent
and non-emergent patient care needs and communicate with the
physician Participates in on-call coverage rotation for the
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- UPMC Home Health Care approved certification preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months of nursing experience in an Acute Care
Facility or Skilled Care Facility
- Pediatric experience would be a plus not required
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC approved national certification preferred. Current licensure
as a Registered Professional Nurse either in the state where the
facility is located or in a state covered by a licensure compact
agreement with the state where the facility is located. CPR
required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and
skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Registered Nurse (RN)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 34
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Applicants will be placed in the
appropriate job title and salary from the My Nursing Career Ladder
based on their individual experience and education.
Keywords: UPMC, Altoona , Registered Nurse (RN), Home Health, Other , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!