Registered Nurse - Dayshifts - Cardiac Cath Lab
Posted on: June 3, 2021
This position is
eligible for a generous sign-on bonus! Whether you’re a
recent Graduate Nurse looking to launch your nursing career, or a
seasoned RN seeking a change, now is your moment to find your place
Sign-On Bonus Details (Full Time or
Flex Full Time status)
- $15,000 sign-on bonus available for nurses with over two years
- $10,000 sign-on bonus available for Graduate Nurses and nurses
with less than two years of experience
- If you are eligible for the $10,000 sign-on bonus, then
you may be eligible to receive an additional $5,000 student loan
GN level candidate starting
- $27.56 (BSN)
- $26.31 (ASN/Diploma in Nursing)
Experienced RN starting rate
- starting rate commensurate with experience (BSN
When you are ready to take your
career to the next level, UPMC Altoona has a RN Career Ladder,
which allows you to enhance your practice and receive additional
compensation! Ask your recruiter for details!
Cardiac Cath Lab
1.0 full time (40 hours/week),
dayshifts (8, 10, 12 hour shifts) with on call
Union position: SEIU
UPMC Altoona is hiring a Registered
Nurse with critical care experience to help support the Cardiac
As a member of this team, you will provide direct and indirect care
to patients utilizing the nursing process, provide leadership
for the nursing team, and contribute to the education of a variety
of members of the staff and students.
- Planninga.Includes the patient and family/significant other in
the formulation of the plan of care.b. Prioritizes patient's needs
appropriately.c. Plans, conducts, and documents patient care
conferences.d. Maintains a current plan of care for each assigned
patient.e. Utilizes appropriate community agencies and other health
care professionals in planning care.
- Serves as a consultant to other members of the health-care
- Demonstrates professionalism in providing patient care.
- Evaluationa. Revises plan of care, as necessary based on daily
evaluation of patient.b. Evaluates patient's outcome based on
previously defined goals.c. Evaluates and documents the patient's
response to care, teaching, and treatment.
- Implementation:a. Utilizes nursing care protocols and
standards.b. Carries out and documents procedures according to
Hospital Policy.c. Performs technical skills safely and accurately,
and demonstrates a working knowledge of equipment.d. Transcribes
and implements physicians' orders appropriately.e. Demonstrates
knowledge of the physiological basis for the nursing care
delivery.f. Demonstrates knowledge of medication and IV therapy
administration according to policy.g. Initiates and coordinates
health teaching for patients and families/significant other based
on individual needs.
- Identifies environmental factors which deter effective patient
care, initiates action, and contributes ideas towards
- Identified potential problems and initiates appropriate
- Utilizes Bed Management System, Alpha, CPOE, and all other
computer systems appropriately,
- Assessmenta. Assesses patient and family needs and documents
this information appropriately in the computer or on appropriate
form.b. Reassesses patient every eight hours, and, as
- Adheres to universal precautions.
- Complies with established occupational exposure policies.
- Engages the medical staff and other professionals in discussion
of patient care problems resulting in mutually developed plans of
- Completes annual competency validation activities.
- Maintains proficiency and competency in point of care testing
as defined in the evaluation criteria established by the
Experience Required for Cardiology-Cardiac Cath
- Must be a graduate of Critical Care
- Must have worked a minimum of 3000
hours of Critical Care within the last five years
- Must be a graduate of an accredited
School of Nursing.
- Must hold valid registration
as a nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
Education and Formal
- Must hold a current license to
practice nursing in the State of Pennsylvania; must satisfactorily
complete the Nursing Department's orientation program and
- Must complete NIHSS education prior
to end of orientation period, if required.
- For all positions in Critical Care:
CCRN is required within two years of hire date.
- ACLS preferred, BLS required. PALS
for specific units.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a
didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 34
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Altoona , Registered Nurse - Dayshifts - Cardiac Cath Lab, Other , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!