Company: Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Posted on: June 3, 2021
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Provides friendly and efficient service to guests according to
company policies, procedures, programs and performance standards.
Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and quality of
work environment as directed by Manager on Duty. Controls the
flow of business in the dining room so guests feel welcome and
comfortable. Check out Guests at the register. Provides genuine
hospitality to each guest ensuring their dining experience is
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Host Activities and Guest Interaction
- Reports to work well-groomed, in clean and proper uniform and
at all times practices good personal hygiene.
- Opens the door as guests enter and leave the building.
- Uses greeting, seating and waiting list procedures. Seats
guests in a friendly and timely manner in person or on
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to
achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Completes wait sheets
- Greet and Seat Welcome new Guests as they arrive and show them
to their seats. Make a friendly first impression. Describe
features, soup of the day, etc.
- Take Cash Check out Guests at the register. Ask Guests,
How was your meal and service? Thank Guests and invite them to
- Hospitality Move through the dining room regularly and ensure
Guests have all items needed. Be attentive make Guests feel
- Sell Bakery Offer specific suggestions for take-out bakery
items. Efficiently package to-go orders.
- Clean Ensure that the cashier area, bakery cases and displays,
lobby area, entryway and Guest restrooms and dining room stay clean
throughout the shift.
- Ensures menus are clean
Assist Crew Members
- Processes To-Go orders
- Maintains guests needs throughout their dining experience by
assisting servers with pre bussing procedures
- Sweeps floor around tables to assist servers were needed
- Performs side work during shift downtime including but not
limited to; rolling silverware, restocking cleaning works stations
and bussing tables, etc.
- Provides assistance to all servers and bus persons in order to
execute service standards.
- Ensures 100% guest satisfaction on every visit.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding
product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems. Etc.
- Keeps General Manager and Manager on Duty informed of problems
and/or issues and proposes alternative solutions for
- Extensive standing and walking for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to see at a distance (20) feet, at close range (12
inches), distinguish between shapes and utilize peripheral vision
to avoid hazards.
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depts. of 2 - 3
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space
- Must have time management skills
- Must be able to read, write and perform addition/subtraction
- Must be able to control and utilize fingers to write, slice
chop and operate equipment.
- Must be able to fit through openings 30 wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy
pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 50 pounds for
distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Exposure to dish and cleaning chemicals
AS A PART OF THE PERKINS TEAM YOU'LL
- Weekly Pay
- Competitive Wages
- Meal Discounts - On and off the clock!
- Paid Vacation Time
- Employee Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and more!
- Flexible Scheduling - To help you balance other life
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Advancement Opportunities
- A FUN WORK ENVIRONMENT!
Receives direction and training from Manager on duty as to the
specific procedures and assignments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service
can be taught through in house training.
This position description in not intended, and should not be
construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
skills, efforts or working conditions associated with job. It is
intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principle
job elements essential for making decisions related to job
performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the
incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as
- 16 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
Keywords: Perkins Restaurant & Bakery, Altoona , Host(ess), Other , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!