Staff Nurse Resource - Critical Care - Days/Nights
Posted on: June 6, 2021
We are seeking an
experienced Registered Nurse to help support our valuable team of
critical care float pool nurses at UPMC Altoona. Why should
you choose this opportunity?
- Our resource nurses receive a generous 10% pay
- In addition to the 10% differential, you can also
participate in our Nursing Career Ladder which
allows you to enhance your practice and receive additional
- You will benefit from UPMC's robust and competitive Total
Rewards benefits package - click the link at the bottom of this job
posting for information about our Total Rewards!
- If you’re looking for variety in your assignments,
flexibility with scheduling and no on-call, and expanding your
knowledge base, the UPMC Altoona Nursing Resource Unit is the place
- We have a variety of critical care areas including
stepdown units (medical, surgical trauma, and neuro), ICUs
(medical, surgical trauma, cardiothoracic, and neuro), and the
Also, This position is eligible for
a generous sign-on bonus! Whether you’re a recent Graduate
Nurse looking to launch your nursing career, or a seasoned RN
seeking a change, now is your moment to find your place at
Sign-On Bonus Details (Full Time or
Flex Full Time status)
- $15,000 sign-on bonus available for nurses with over two years
- $30.19 (BSN)
- $28.94 (ASN/Diploma in Nursing)
RN Staff Nurse Resource
.9 full time, day/night rotation
(7a-7p/7p-7a) - 36 hours/week
Union position: SEIU
Provides direct and indirect care to patients utilizing the nursing
process. Provides leadership for the nursing team, and contributes
to the education of a variety of members of the staff and
- Evaluation: a. Revises plan of care, as necessary based on
daily evaluation of patient. b. Evaluates patient's outcome based
on previously defined goals. c. Evaluates and documents the
patient's response to care, teaching, and treatment.
- Planning: a. Includes the patient and family/significant other
in the formulation of the plan of care. b. Prioritizes patient's
needs appropriately. c. Plans, conducts, and documents patient care
conferences. d. Maintains a current plan of care for each assigned
patient. e. Utilizes appropriate community agencies and other
health care professionals in planning care.
- Utilizes Bed Management System, Alpha, CPOE, and all other
computer systems appropriately
- Adheres to universal precautions. Identifies potential
problems and initiates appropriate measures. Identifies
environmental factors which deter effective patient care, initiates
action, and contributes ideas towards resolution.
- Maintains proficiency and competency in point of care testing
as defined in the evaluation criteria established by the
- Assessment: a. Assesses patient and family needs and documents
this information appropriately in the computer or on appropriate
form. b. Reassesses patient every eight hours, and, as
- Completes annual competency validation activities.
- Engages the medical staff and other professionals in discussion
of patient care problems resulting in mutually developed plans of
- Serves as a consultant to other members of the health-care
- Implementation: a. Utilizes nursing care protocols and
standards. b. Carries out and documents procedures according to
Hospital Policy. c. Performs technical skills safely and
accurately, and demonstrates a working knowledge of equipment. d.
Transcribes and implements physicians' orders appropriately. e.
Demonstrates knowledge of the physiological basis for the nursing
care delivery. f. Demonstrates knowledge of medication and IV
therapy administration according to policy. g. Initiates and
coordinates health teaching for patients and families/significant
other based on individual needs
- Demonstrates professionalism in providing patient care.
- Complies with established occupational exposure policies.
- 2 years nursing experience
Education and Formal
- Must hold a current license to practice nursing in the State of
- Must satisfactorily complete the Nursing Department's
orientation program and probationary period.
- Must complete NIHSS education prior to end of orientation
period, if required.
- For all positions in Critical Care: CCRN is required within two
years of hire date. RN-C or CCRN required for MPCU and SPCU within
two years of hire date.
- ACLS preferred, BLS required. PALS for specific units.
- When assigned to STICU, T14-Surgical, T11, 5E, SPCU, must
complete the Trauma Nurse Course within one year of hire. Must
maintain six stroke and six trauma competencies per year. Must
attend Trauma Symposium yearly.
- When assigned to ICU must complete the Trauma Nurse Course
within one year of hire. Must maintain eight stroke and six trauma
competencies per year. Must attend Trauma Symposium
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a
didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Altoona , Staff Nurse Resource - Critical Care - Days/Nights, Other , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!