Program Specialist, Supervisor, Activities Coordinator
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The hire for this role will work with a unique
group of individuals who have complex medical and behavioral health
needs. Responsibilities will include developing, implementing, and
evaluating the ACEL and ICS programs, in a manner consistent with
efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and regulatory
This is a very diverse position that will require
an array of skills that include leadership, hands-on care, working
alongside of families and those in the community as well as
partnering with agencies that include county and
The ideal hire for this role must be comfortable
advocating for those with medical and behavioral health conditions.
Candidates should be comfortable working with various individuals,
including doctors and medical staff in addition to the individuals
they would be serving, and their families. Certification in Medication
Administration, ODP Certified Investigator, CPR, and First Aid
strongly preferred, but not
This is an M-F mostly daylight position, with
rotating on-call every seven weeks.
- Coordinate training for Program Instructors and Volunteers and
work with the ACEL Scheduler to plan dates and times for those
- Work cooperatively with all people involved in each customer's
life (parent, friends, medical professionals, agency staff, etc.)
to provide optimal access to all available resources.
- Obtain/maintain medication administration trainer
- Coordinate individual community support, and day program
- Endeavor to achieve and maintain quality and customer
satisfaction in the delivery of services to internal/external
- Develop (weekly/monthly) plans for program activities/plan of
care for customers
- Alert Program Director as to change of status of any customer
(Units of service, attendance days, etc.)
- Attend all staff meetings, prepared to discuss:Specific needs
of customers and care giversProgram and system issues.
- Insure and assist in the safety of customers in all areas of
physical assistance necessary including, but not limited to,
getting in and out of vehicles, in and out of building, eating,
toileting, maneuvering throughout building and getting in and out
of wheelchairs in the absence of instructors.
- Maintain and protect patient, client and Agency
- Represent and participate in Agency professional and community
activities as requested.
- Assist the Program Director, consultants, parents, caregivers
or another significant person (s) to develop and coordinate
Individual Service Plans through the customer's circle of support
and utilize appropriate assessment tools.
- Administer medication and complete appropriate
- Coordinate Individual Service Plans of care for up to 30
- Supervise program instructors and volunteers for the ACEL and
- Demonstrate support of Agency mission and philosophy in
delivery of services.
- Assist in the orientation of new staff and volunteers.
- Provide support and counseling to program participants.
- Identify, and report situations, which may diminish the
physical, social, or emotional well being of any customer.
- Promote personal and co-worker safety during work duties.
- Assist Program Director in monitoring program records for
agency required documentation.
- Attend workshops, conferences, and training related to the
program and job description.
- Identify and build upon customer strengths to enhance their
growth and development, helping each person reach their maximum
- Supervise, coordinate, and implement Day Program/In-home
services for the customers.
- Maintain a record-keeping system that includes the following
items: Daily attendance/home visitations. Records and progress
notesIndividual Service Plans (ISP's).
- Assist customers and their caregivers in procuring appropriate
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in
one of the following areas: Rehabilitation, Psychology or related
- Two years of work experience working directly with persons with
disabilities AND two years of work experience in
human services is required.
- Access to transportation in the Agency service area with a
valid Pennsylvania driver's license and auto liability
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR certification within one year of employment.CPR required based
on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills
demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Automotive Insurance
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Comprehensive Crisis Management (CCMC)
- Driver's License
- Act 34
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Altoona , Program Specialist, Supervisor, Activities Coordinator, Other , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!