Respiratory Therapist - CRT/RRT
Posted on: July 21, 2021
This position will consider CRT or
RRT. The final title and pay will be determined by
education, experience, and
Respiratory Therapy -
Fulltime - Night
8 hour shifts - every other
Posted: June 9,
We are currently offering a
SIGN-ON BONUS for all full-time Respiratory
Therapist positions! Please see the following amount of
the sign-on bonus and employment commitment. Don't miss
out - apply
year commitment $5,000
*Current UPMC employees are not
eligible for the sign-on bonus
Administers Respiratory Care Services to patients via Medical Staff
approved techniques and procedures and with the rules of
Respiratory Care services. Cleans, repairs, and services
Respiratory Care equipment and performs other related work.
- Responsible for operating, maintenance, calibration, and
performance of blood gas analyzers.
- Performs blood gas analysis.Performs postural drainage and
chest physiotherapy to improve pulmonary toiletry and mobilize
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to adapt to clinical
treatment and instructional aspect of care to all stages of the
life cycle and to various states of health and disease.
- Administers bedside pulmonary function tests.
- Keeps up to date with current trends and developments.
Maintains working knowledge of Department procedure manuals.
Employee complies with established occupational exposure policies.
Participates in inservice training programs to improve respiratory
practice. Reviews updated policies in a timely fashion.
- Prepares and maintains required reports and patient
- Administers aerosols for the purpose of sputum induction.
- Efficiently employs available equipment and supplies giving due
care to their use and maintenance.
- Performs arterial puncture using both the radial and brachial
arteries (may use femoral artery with a doctor's order). Performs
capillary punctures on newborn infants and small children using
either heel or finger sticks.
- Does work rotating shifts as need arises.Available for staffing
adjustments to help ensure sufficient number of qualified staff are
available to meet patient needs and respond to unusual occurrences
and/or increased patient acuity.
- Responsible for completing all competency testing within 45
days following the annual publishing date of the criteria. The CRT
is responsible to schedule with the RRT the date(s) to complete the
competency review and testing.
- Administers IPPV, IPPB, aerosol, nebulizer, and incentive
spirometry treatments. (All of the above contain drugs except
- Maintains an adequate level of laboratory supplies in the Blood
- Initiates and maintains mechanical pulmonary ventilation
equipment in the ED, Nursery and ICU settings
- Administers medical gases utilizing the following equipment:
cannula, tent, croupette, mask, aerosol mask, HFNC and trach
Education and Formal Training
Required: In accordance with Act 60, State Board of Medicine, and
State Board of Osteopathic Medicine, must provide the Hospital with
a copy of his/her current temporary practice permit or current
certificate to practice in the Commonwealth as a Respiratory Care
Practitioner. In addition, must be a graduate of an AMA accredited
school for respiratory therapy and successfully completed the NBRC
Certification Exam.Experience Required: None.Specific
Abilities:1.Works under the general supervision of the Advanced
Respiratory Therapist/Clinical Coordinator and Administrative
Director of Respiratory Care. 2.Performs regular functions without
direct supervision.3.Consults the Advanced Respiratory
Therapist/Clinical Coordinator, Administrative Director, and
Medical Director as required.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic
and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hireMust
complete Neonatal Resuscitation Program within one year of Hire
Date. Must obtain RRT within 1 year of hire or transfer.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician (CRTT)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Osteopathic Respiratory Care OR Respiratory Care Practitioners
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Altoona , Respiratory Therapist - CRT/RRT, Other , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!