Assessment of patients and families in collaboration with attending
psychiatrists and other staff within a psychiatric service. Develop
initial treatment plan in order to facilitate disposition planning.
Ability to identify acuity level of patient. Provide patient care,
not limited to the nursing process in the delivery of patient care.
Facilitate the flow of information to promote effective
communication regarding the patient care and patient
- Knowledge of insurance programs, processes and able to obtain
authorizations as needed.
- Learn and utilize up-to-date technology in delivery of patient
- Demonstrate knowledge of mental health laws.
- Participate in interdisciplinary activities such as staff
meetings and other committees as assigned.
- Maintain competency requirements.
- Serve as mentor to students and new employees.
- Attend 10 unit based or institute wide in-services yearly.
- Complete patient/family assessments referred to emergency
services for presentation to the attending/resident
psychiatrist?or, within Psych Care Plus, review patient material
for possible IP admission or conduct evaluation for outpatient
psychiatric service.Counseling in an individual and/or group
setting, preparation of treatment plans, documentation of patient
progress and clinical supervision.
- Manage crisis situations effectively using positive
- Participate with unit management in Program Development and
Performance Improvement Activities.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in emergency
- Assist in maintaining safe environment.
- Knowledge of inclusion criteria/protocols for current research
- Demonstrate ability to utilize DSMV and to develop provisional
- Obtain appropriate consents or commitment authorizations as
- Complete assigned projects, reports and statistics in a timely
- Meet standards for documentation and completes all required
paperwork, including PEF, commitment paperwork.
Bachelors Degree in Human Services
or a related field with a minimum of three years in a clinical
psychiatric setting or an entry level Masters Degree.
Experience in a supervisory/charge
position preferred.Ability to respond calmly and effectively, using
good clinical judgment to both psychiatric and medical
Ability to identify problems,
implement resolution, reassesses situation/problem.
Excellent interpersonal relations
with the ability to interact in a direct, professional, tactful,
gracious manner with all professional/non-professional contacts;
includes all areas of verbal/non-verbal communication within the
contest of direct/non-direct contact; history of excellent
Ability to work collaboratively
within a multidisciplinary team.Ability to work under stress, with
an unpredictable patient flow, in a sometimes crowded work
A personal disposition that is warm,
friendly, caring, kind and hospitable towards patients,
Exhibit openness and willingness to
Flexible schedule; rotating
History/track record of all above
services consistently delivered with a service excellent
Ability and willingness to work in a
managed care environment.
Excellent ability and history of
direct, gracious, courteous, kind face-to-face, telephone and
May in the course of their job
duties be in rooms where medications are stored.
No contact with medications is
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity