Registered Nurse (RN) Hospice - Bedford and Cambria counties
Posted on: September 5, 2021
UPMC is hiring a Hospice Registered Nurse to
work Monday through Friday 2 pm -10 pm or 3 pm - 11 pm in
Bedford and Cambria counties. No weekends or
holidays! This position will do admissions, 2nd day
follow ups as well as symptom management/PRN visits as needed for
both counties. This is a great opportunity for a
registered nurse looking to provide one on one individualized care
to patients in their homes.
Sign-On Bonus Details (Full
- $15,000 sign-on bonus available for nurses with over
one year of experience
- $10,000 sign-on bonus available for nurses with less
than one year of
As a Professional Staff Nurse at UPMC Home
Healthcare, you will find:
- Competitive wages, with a BSN
- An incomparable benefit
- 100% Tuition
Reimbursement for your BSN/MSN degree through approved
- A generous
Staff Nurse is a valued step in the UPMC nursing career ladder,
with opportunities for continued growth and
The Hospice registered nurse plans, organizes and directs hospice
care and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on hospice
education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the
resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the
needs of individuals and families within their homes and
- Focuses on customer service and continually strives to perform
the duties of their job in a manner that will result in optimal
- Assigns other Interdisciplinary team members to assist in the
appropriate delivery of services as ordered on the plan of care to
the patient. Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel
including LPNs and Home Health Aides.
- Identifies, investigates and recommends solutions to
- Identifies any deficits or exceptional performance issues of
other nursing personnel, LPNs and Aides, and recommends solutions
Proven ability to facilitate change
- Completes an initial and comprehensive assessment of patient
and family to determine hospice needs.
- Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current
and previous illness (es).
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes and adjusts
nursing care process as indicated to ensure optimal patient
- Initiates, coordinates and evaluates patient and family
centered health teaching.
- Coordinates case management activities within an
Interdisciplinary health care team to insure appropriate delivery
of services to patient.
- Initiates, coordinates and insures ongoing communication with
the physician and other members of the Interdisciplinary health
care team. Attends and participates in patient care conferences,
team meetings and other related meetings.
- Performs duties and job responsibilities in a fashion which
coincides with the service management philosophy of the
organization towards patients, visitors, staff, peers, physicians
and other departments within the organization.
- Identifies, develops and participates in process improvement /
QAPI opportunities within the hospice agency that will enhance the
quality of the services we provide.
- Attend compliance training and adhere to the organization
standards of conduct, policies and procedures.
- Constructively receives feedback and direction.
- Takes action to improve knowledge, skills and performance based
on feedback or on self-identified developmental needs.
- Recognizes limitations and requests assistance and direction to
meet performance goals Provides services to patients in home health
- Establishes the plan of care in collaboration with the
physician, patient, Interdisciplinary Team, and Quality Assurance
Performance Improvement (QAPI) committee members in accordance with
the physician orders and patient needs.
- Advises and consults with family and other agency personnel, as
- Completes documentation including visit assessment, plan of
treatment and verbal orders accurately and promptly on the laptop
device or in written documentation while at the patient visit and
within the agency's and regulatory standards.
- Data syncs (transmits) information same day.
- Exercise independent judgment in matters concerning emergent
and non-emergent patient care needs and communicate with the
- Participates in on-call coverage rotation for the agency.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the hospice
philosophy of care Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of symptom and
pain management treatments to ensure appropriate care of hospice
- Demonstrates ability to perform patient pronouncement of death
and completes all required forms in a timely manner
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- CHPN certification preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months of nursing experience in an Acute Care
Facility or Skilled Care Facility
- Successful completion of Hospice orientation
- The individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and
skills necessary to provide care and/or interact appropriately to
the ages of the patients served by his/her assigned unit as
- They must also demonstrate knowledge of the principles of
growth and development over the life span and possess the ability
to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the
appropriate information needed to identify each patient's
requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs and to provide
the care needs as described in the department policy and
- Minimum 6 months experience.
- BSN preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, caring
relationships with executives, managers, physicians, non-physician
providers, ancillary and support staff, other departments, and
- Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex
environment, handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized
- Good clinical judgment with critical thinking, analytical and
problem solving abilities required as related to various aspects of
- Critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and to lead
others in application of the nursing process.
- Mobility and visual manual dexterity. Physical stamina for
frequent walking, standing, lifting and positioning of
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Licensure/Certification: Palliative/Hospice nurse
certification-PreferredCPR required based on AHA standards that
include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within
30 days of hire
- Automotive Insurance
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Driver's License
- Registered Nurse (RN)
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
be placed in the appropriate job title and salary from the My
Nursing Career Ladder based on their individual experience and
Keywords: UPMC, Altoona , Registered Nurse (RN) Hospice - Bedford and Cambria counties, Other , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!