Registered Nurse - Neuro ICU/IR
Posted on: September 7, 2021
UPMC Altoona is hiring a Graduate
Nurse or a Registered Nurse to join our team in the Neurovascular
Intensive Care Unit (NVICU)! Our NVICU serves the adult population
requiring neurological intervention and neurological
diagnosis. This unit allows the nurse to function in an ICU
as well as the Neuro Interventional Radiology Lab presenting growth
and experience opportunities like no other. Nurses are
educated to serve these complex patients and work collaboratively
with the highly specialized Neuro Intensivist and Neuro
This position is eligible for a generous
sign-on bonus! Whether you’re a recent Graduate Nurse looking
to launch your nursing career, or a seasoned RN seeking a change,
now is your moment to find your place at UPMC!
Sign-On Bonus Details (Full Time or Flex Full
- $15,000 sign-on bonus
available for nurses with over two years of experience
- $10,000 sign-on bonus
available for Graduate Nurses and nurses with less than two years
- If you are
eligible for the $10,000 sign-on bonus, then you may be eligible to
receive an additional $5,000 student loan repayment
level candidate starting rates:
- $27.56 (BSN)
- $26.31 (ASN/Diploma in
Experienced RN starting rate:
- Based on rates listed above
When you are ready to take your career to the
next level, UPMC Altoona has a RN Career Ladder, which allows you
to enhance your practice and receive additional
compensation! Ask your recruiter for details!
– Neuro ICU/IR
full time, 7a-7p/7p-7a rotation (36 hours/week)
Union position: SEIU
What makes NVICU a special place to
work? The amazing team of nurses, physicians, and respiratory
therapists work closely to provide exceptional care through our new
program to patients in our community.
a member of NVICU you will enjoy the flexibility of
self-scheduling, a leadership team that is invested in your growth,
a team philosophy, and the opportunity to share your knowledge and
clinical skills. Come join the fast-growing team in
member of this team you will provide direct and indirect care to
patients utilizing the nursing process, provide leadership for the
nursing team, and contribute to the education of a variety of
members of the staff and students.
- Completes annual competency validation activities.
- Maintains proficiency and competency in point of care testing
as defined in the evaluation criteria established by the
- Demonstrates professionalism in providing patient care.
- Adheres to universal precautions. Identified potential problems
and initiates appropriate measures. Identifies environmental
factors which deter effective patient care, initiates action, and
contributes ideas towards resolution.
- Evaluation a.Revises plan of care, as necessary based on daily
evaluation of patient. b.Evaluates patient's outcome based on
previously defined goals. c.Evaluates and documents the patient's
response to care, teaching, and treatment.
- Planning: a.Includes the patient and family/significant other
in the formulation of the plan of care. b. Prioritizes patient's
needs appropriately. c. Plans, conducts, and documents patient care
conferences. d. Maintains a current plan of care for each assigned
patient. e. Utilizes appropriate community agencies and other
health care professionals in planning care.
- Utilizes Bed Management System, Alpha, CPOE, and all other
computer systems appropriately,
- Engages the medical staff and other professionals in discussion
of patient care problems resulting in mutually developed plans of
- Serves as a consultant to other members of the health-care
- Assessment a. Assesses patient and family needs and documents
this information appropriately in the computer or on appropriate
form. b. Reassesses patient every eight hours, and, as
- Implementation: a. Utilizes nursing care protocols and
standards. b. Carries out and documents procedures according to
Hospital Policy. c. Performs technical skills safely and
accurately, and demonstrates a working knowledge of equipment. d.
Transcribes and implements physicians' orders appropriately. e.
Demonstrates knowledge of the physiological basis for the nursing
care delivery. f. Demonstrates knowledge of medication and IV
therapy administration according to policy. g. Initiates and
coordinates health teaching for patients and families/significant
other based on individual needs.
- Complies with established occupational exposure policies.
Education and Formal
- Must hold a current license to practice nursing in the State of
- Must satisfactorily complete the Nursing Department's
orientation program and probationary period.
- Must complete NIHSS education prior to end of orientation
period, if required.
- For all positions in Critical Care: CCRN is required within two
years of hire date.
- ACLS preferred, BLS required. PALS for specific units.
- When assigned to STICU, T14-Surgical, T11, 5E, SPCU, must
complete the Trauma Nurse Course within one year of hire. Must
maintain six stroke and six trauma competencies per year. Must
attend Trauma Symposium yearly.
- When assigned to ICU must complete the Trauma Nurse Course
within one year of hire. Must maintain eight stroke and six trauma
competencies per year. Must attend Trauma Symposium yearly.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a
didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Emergency Neurological Life Support
- National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 34
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Altoona , Registered Nurse - Neuro ICU/IR, Other , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!