Staff Nurse - Day/Night - 7E Stepdown
Posted on: September 14, 2021
UPMC Altoona is hiring a Registered
Nurse or Graduate Nurse to help support its 24-bed 7E Neuro
Stepdown Unit (Neuro Progressive Care)! Our Neuro Stepdown
team consists of highly trained Registered Nurses, Patient Care
Technicians, Unit Secretaries, Physical, Occupational, and Speech
Therapists, Case Managers, and Social Workers that are dedicated to
patient experience and high-quality care. The
teamwork on this unit is phenomenal and gives our nurses the
education, discipline, and experience to work in any other type of
unit! This position is 3, 12-hour shifts/week and allows you
to benefit from working day and night shifts.
This position is eligible for a
generous sign-on bonus! Whether you’re a recent Graduate
Nurse looking to launch your nursing career, or a seasoned RN
seeking a change, now is your moment to find your place at
Details (Full Time or Flex Full Time status)
- $15,000 sign-on bonus available for nurses with over two years
- $10,000 sign-on bonus available for Graduate Nurses and nurses
with less than two years of experience
- If you are eligible for the $10,000 sign-on bonus, then you may
be eligible to receive an additional $5,000 student loan repayment
GN level candidate starting
- $27.56 (BSN)
- $26.31 (ASN/Diploma in Nursing)
Experienced RN starting rate
- starting rate based on rates above + experience
When you are ready to take your
career to the next level, UPMC Altoona has a RN Career Ladder,
which allows you to enhance your practice and receive additional
compensation! Ask your recruiter for details!
Neuro Stepdown is a 24-bed
progressive care unit that specializes in the care of stroke and
neuro patients. This unit also cares for patients with
pneumonia, CHF, heart disease, and any other issue that needs a
monitored step-down bed. NPCU staff are trained to care for
all types of progressive care patients and is the only unit outside
of the ICU specially trained to care for
post-interventional/diagnostic neurology patients. Our team
works closely with our Stroke Neurologist and Stroke Quality team
to ensure all patients receive exceptional care.
As a team member on 7E, you
have the ability to self-schedule and work with a leadership team
that supports your work/life balance along with your professional
growth. You will provide direct and indirect care to patients
utilizing the nursing process, leadership for the nursing team, and
contribute to the education of a variety of members of the staff
- Adheres to universal
- Identifies potential problems and
initiates appropriate measures.
- Identifies environmental factors
which deter effective patient care, initiates action, and
contributes ideas towards resolution.
- Assessment: Assesses patient
and family needs and documents this information appropriately in
the computer or on appropriate form. Reassesses patient every
eight hours, and, as necessary.
- Completes annual competency
- Complies with established
occupational exposure policies.
- Demonstrates professionalism in
providing patient care.
- Engages the medical staff and other
professionals in discussion of patient care problems resulting in
mutually developed plans of care.
- Evaluation: Revises plan of
care, as necessary based on daily evaluation of patient.
Evaluates patient's outcome based on previously defined
goals. Evaluates and documents the patient's response to
care, teaching, and treatment.
- Implementation: Utilizes
nursing care protocols and standards. Carries out and
documents procedures according to Hospital Policy. Performs
technical skills safely and accurately and demonstrates a working
knowledge of equipment. Transcribes and implements
physicians' orders appropriately. Demonstrates knowledge of
the physiological basis for the nursing care delivery.
Demonstrates knowledge of medication and IV therapy administration
according to policy. Initiates and coordinates health
teaching for patients and families/significant other based on
- Maintains proficiency and competency
in point of care testing as defined in the evaluation criteria
established by the laboratory.
- Planning: Includes the patient
and family/significant other in the formulation of the plan of
care. Prioritizes patient's needs appropriately. Plans,
conducts, and documents patient care conferences. Maintains a
current plan of care for each assigned patient. Utilizes
appropriate community agencies and other health care professionals
in planning care.
- Serves as a consultant to other
members of the health-care team.
- Utilizes Bed Management System,
Alpha, CPOE, and all other computer systems appropriately.
Education and Formal
- Must hold a current license to practice nursing in the State of
- Must satisfactorily complete the Nursing Department's
orientation program and probationary period.
- Must complete NIHSS education prior to end of orientation
period, if required.
- For all positions in Critical Care: CCRN is required within two
years of hire date.
- ACLS preferred, BLS required. PALS for specific units.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a
didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 34
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Altoona , Staff Nurse - Day/Night - 7E Stepdown, Other , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!