Pediatric Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Part-time
Posted on: September 14, 2021
UPMC is hiring a part-time
Pediatric Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for its pediatric homecare
Join the team that’s providing the highest
quality of home health care in our communities. With
state-of-the-art safety protocols and the support of an academic
medical center, UPMC Senior Services has demonstrated a continued
commitment to keeping both our residents and our employees safe and
healthy, especially throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Make a true impact in your community where
you’ll have the confidence that your care is clinically backed by a
best-in-class health care system and the rewarding knowledge that
you are changing lives every day.
Provide high quality private duty nursing care to children and
their families within the confines of the Pennsylvania state
licensing laws in accordance with Agency policies and procedures
and Agency code of ethics. This will be done in a manner consistent
with efficiency, cost effectiveness and regulatory compliance.
- Self assess educational needs and initiate plan to
maintain/attain pediatric clinical competencies.
- Promote personal and co-worker safety during work duties.
- Provides direct nursing service in accordance with Agency
policies and procedures.
- Provides assigned pediatric nursing care to children and
families in a private duty home setting using a family centered
- Performs approved nursing procedures and treatments as
- Identify and reports findings to the Pediatric Home Connection
Clinical Case Manager.
- Document and communicate observations, nursing care and
evaluation through reports and records.
- Adheres to Agency and standard principles of infection
control.Follows the mutually agreed upon plan of care.
- Participates in continuing education programs, clinical
conferences, quality assurance and quality improvement
- Endeavor to achieve and maintain quality and customer
satisfaction in the delivery of services to internal/external
- Demonstrates support of Agency mission and philosophy in
delivery of services.
- Maintain and protect client, family and Agency
- Graduate of a Practical Nurse Program accredited by NLN
- One year pediatric work experience preferred.
- Access to transportation in the Agency service area with valid
Pennsylvania driver's license and auto liability insurance.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Registered, certified or licensed as required by state law for the
profession.CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a
didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.
Must complete licensure examination within FOUR MONTHS of hire or
within one year of graduation, whichever comes first.? Though
temporary permits are valid for one year from the date of
graduation, not one year from issue of permit (or until the results
of the examination are known at which time it becomes null and
void), UPMC requires that GNs take the licensure examination within
4 months of their start date or they will be terminated or demoted
from the GN position, at the discretion of the BU.
- Automotive Insurance
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Driver's License
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) OR Temporary Practice Permit
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Altoona , Pediatric Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Part-time, Other , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!