Posted on: September 24, 2022
DescriptionHost Diet Clerk - Server/HostAltoona has immediate
openings for Host Diet Clerks (in our Nutrition Services
department)! We are looking for friendly faces to help provide
excellent experiences to our patients at UPMC!If you have a
friendly personality and like to have a positive impact on someones
day this could be the perfect position for you! We currently have
full-time, flexible full-time, part-time, and casual opportunities
available. Apply now to learn more!We are currently offering a
SIGN-ON BONUS for all full-time Host positions! The amount of the
sign-on bonus is $500 for a 1-year employment commitment. Don't
miss out - apply today!This position has a minimum start rate of
$13.99.Purpose:Responsible for patient food service on assigned
units; menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery and pick up,
special requests, and in-between meal food
- Visits patients after tray delivery to ensure patients are
satisfied with meals. Obtains any missing items and makes item
substitutes as needed following diet restrictions.
- Answers telephone promptly and courteously, and maintains
free-flowing accurate communication.
- Responsible for delivering trays at meal times in assigned
areas. Verifies before delivery two patient identifiers.
- Greets patients with a smile. Addresses patients professionally
(by name) and respects privacy.
- Assists patients in selecting their menu choices. Enters menu
selections into Hospitality Suite.
- Picks up trays after the patient completes the meal. Empties
all fluid containers before placing the tray in the cart for
return. Makes sure the cart is empty of clean trays before placing
any dirty trays
- Records I&Os as appropriate. Records foods eaten for
calorie count on calorie count worksheet.Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Customer service experience required
- Must have an outgoing personality and be able to deal with
patients, visitors, and staff in a positive, courteous, tactful,
and cooperative manner
- Ability to use current technology and computer skills
requiredLicensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Act 34
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranWhy
choose UPMC Altoona?
- An incomparable, affordable benefits package (found to be 20%
higher in value than other healthcare employers in our
- Click on the Total Rewards link at the bottom of this page to
- Generous vacation accrual Tuition assistance to further your
- Sign-on BonusREQNUMBER: 220002H4
Keywords: UPMC, Altoona , Server/Host, Other , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!