Outpatient General Neurologist
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Join a dynamic neurology team of stroke neurologists,
neuro-hospitalists, interventional neurologists and neurosurgeon as
a general, outpatient neurologist. Must have an MD or equivalent,
be board eligible or board certified in Neurology with the ability
to obtain an unrestricted PA license. 2024 J1 visa sponsorship
- Ability to build and grow a subspecialty
- Ability to have autonomy and decision making with a supportive
and collegial group
- Works collaboratively with our neuro-intervention/stroke
- The practice sees a mix of pathology that includes movement
disorders, headaches, epilepsy, stroke, cognitive disorders,
neuro-muscular disorders and sleep disorders.
- Your panel of patients will be filled immediatelyfrom a robust
referral network fromthe surrounding 6 counties.
- Work Monday - Friday with shared practice call.A team of
neuro-hospitalists currently covers all inpatient care and hospital
- Our clinic is located 1-1/2 miles from the hospital in a
medical mall which also houses a sleep lab, EEG and EMG lab,
medical lab, radiology and rehab services, as well as manyprimary
and specialty physician offices.
- Our current providers read both EMGs and EEGs.
- The hospital'saccredited Primary StrokeCenter recently earned
the Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center Certification from The Joint
Commission in collaboration with the American Heart
Association/American Stroke Association
- Clinical appointment
- EPIC EMR
What we Offer
- $35K sign-on bonus plus relocation assistance
- $3,500 CME allowance plus five days
- Twenty days PTO plus seven holidays
- Competitive base salary plus RVU bonus commensurate with
- Outstanding benefit package including health, dental, vision
About UPMC Altoona and UPMC
- UPMC Altoona (part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical
Center hospital network) is a 400-bed regional health care system
providing care to residents of a six-county service area in central
- UPMC Altoona is a level ll trauma center, regional oncology
center, and a Joint Commission certified stroke center with 24/7
care and a renowned interventional Neurology program
- UPMC Altoona provides comprehensive cardiology and
cardiovascular surgery, behavioral health and a vascular and wound
care center. The Health Systems medical staff is comprised of
approximately 400 primary care physicians and specialists.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective,
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among
the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research
funding since 1998
About the Community
- As an outpatient neurologist, you can choose to live in the
Altoona/Hollidaysburg areaor State College (hometown of Penn State
University's main campus). Both communities offer safe and
enriching environments to enjoy work/life balance
- Located in the Altoona/Blair County/Central Pennsylvania
- Very reasonable cost of living
- Excellent school systems
- Abundant cultural amenities including theatre, symphony, minor
league baseball, transportation history, festivals, Big10 sports
and national touring performing artists
- Centrally located with easy access to larger, neighboring
cities.Between 40 minutes to 4.5 hours to major cities including
Pittsburgh, State College, Philadelphia, DC, and NYC.
- Mountains to climb and ski, rivers and lakes to paddle and
fish, trails and roadways to bike, numerous golf courses, tennis
and pickle ball courts right here!
- Everything you need within a 15-minute drive no rush hour
traffic, no parking fees
Interested candidates should send their CV to Lori Leo,
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMCs COVID
vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC.
More than just competitive pay and benefits,UPMCs Total
Rewardspackage cares for you in all areas of life because we
believe that youre at your best when receiving the support you
need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, were driven by shared values that guide our work and keep
us accountable to one another. Our Values ofQuality &
Safety,Dignity & Respect,Caring & Listening,Responsibility &
Integrity,Excellence & Innovationplay a vital role in creating a
cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health
plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Keywords: UPMC, Altoona , Outpatient General Neurologist , Other , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!