Patient Access Representative / MMA Station Medical
Company: UPMC Presbyterian (Pittsburgh)
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Schedule: Mon- Fri
Do you have customer service experience, and the ability to work
independently and as a team?
The Patient Access Rep is responsible to greet and register
incoming patients, checks patients out and schedules future
appointments to insure efficient patient flow by performing the
- Verifies patient appointment time, physician they are scheduled
to see and insurance to be billed; updates patient appointment
- Works on Wait/Rescheduling lists for providers and resources
and schedules patients accordingly.
- Carries out alternative workflows during system(s)
- Follows all workflows related to your department.
- Works charge work queues.
- Collect copays. Enter all payments into UPAY and print receipts
for all monies collected. Balance following policy at end of each
- Checks for any special type appointment and obtain any
eligibility requirements needed.
- Registers incoming new/established patients by verifying or
entering current demographic/insurance information into the
computer system. Obtains the required signatures on paperwork.
- Communicates effectively with patient to understand their
- Answers telephones, directs and handle calls as needed.
- Works with patients on utilization of Welcome Kiosks.
- Works Encounters without Charges report.
- Assists patients with questions about insurance and UPMC/BMA
- Maintains & troubleshoot problems that arise with computers,
printers, scanners, label printers and Welcome Kiosks. Reports
malfunctioning equipment by ticket submission.
- Schedules future appointments for Providers or Resources via
telephone and/or in person from AVS, pools or staff messages.
- High School Degree or equivalent is required.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Secretarial School
- Minimum of six months related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Basic Computer Knowledge and experience.
- Medical Terminology; Ability to add, subtract, multiply and
divide: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; Must have
the ability to effectively communicate information to patients and
physicians in one-on-one situations. Licensure, Certifications, and
- Act 34
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: UPMC Presbyterian (Pittsburgh), Altoona , Patient Access Representative / MMA Station Medical, Other , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...