Certified registered Nurse Anesthetist
Location: Mill Creek
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Job Title: Certified registered Nurse Anesthetist
Location: Lewistown, Pennsylvania
Job Category: CRNA, Advanced Practice
Work Type: Full time
Department: Western Region CRNA Division
Date Posted: 08/29/2022
Job ID: R-32531
Job SummaryProvides anesthesia care in the operating room in
support of surgical, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures under
the general supervision of an anesthesiologist. Provides
preoperative evaluation and postoperative follow-up. Functions as a
patient advocate and confidant, advisor and liaison between
patients, families, and physicians.
- Anesthetizes patients.
- Selects drugs for anesthesia and emergency treatment.
- Induces and maintains anesthesia.
- Monitors the patient and adjusts medications as needed.
- Treats variants of the anesthesia.
- Communicates patient's status with the surgeon, anesthetist and
- Assesses patient status, interprets hemodynamic waveforms and
- Takes corrective measures to keep patient in stable pre, peri
and post anesthesia.
- Conducts thorough preop evaluation of patient including chart
- Instills confidence in patient.
- Organizes OR room with equipment monitors and drugs needed for
- Performs diagnostic equipment checks.
- Coordinates with ancillary, nursing and physician staff to
ensure a safe environment for patient including positioning,
equipment troubleshooting and review of surgical procedure.
- Responds to codes and maintains the airway.
- Provides anesthesia support to assigned areas.
- Charts accurately, completely and efficiently into patient
- Transports patient safely, continues to monitor airway and
gives sign-out report to receiving team.
- Serves as an anesthesia expert, mentor, and preceptor to peers,
staff, residents, students, nurses and ancillary staff.Work is
typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for
satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
Position DetailsWe value a team approach to create an environment
to begin, or continue, your career. -As a designated clinical site
for SRNAs, we provided opportunity for teaching and mentorship.
-Growing department transitioning to a 24/7 in-house call model; 8,
10, 12, & 24 hour shifts available.
EducationMaster's Degree-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Registered Nurse
(Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support
Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Certified Registered
Nurse Anesthetist - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Altoona , Certified registered Nurse Anesthetist, Other , Mill Creek, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!