Registered Nurse (Hospice)
Company: Conemaugh Regional Hospice
Posted on: September 18, 2023
We are hiring for a Hospice Registered Nurse (Full time and PRN
positions available).At Conemaugh Regional Hospice, a part of LHC
Group, we embrace a culture of caring, belonging, and trust and
enjoy themeaningful connections that come from it: for the whole
patient, their families,each other, and the communities we serveit
truly is all about helping people.You can find a home for your
career here.As a Hospice RN, you can expect:
- the ability to develop trusting relationships as an end-of-life
- being valued and respected by patients and their families
- employee-focused wellness and support programs
- incredible team support and empathetic leadershipTake your
nursing career to a new level of caring.Assumes full nursing
responsibility for the delivery of the Plan of Care for each
hospice patient. Continuously evaluates personal and professional
performance and makes necessary changes to increase productivity
and quality of care delivered. Adheres to and supports the
policies/procedures/goals/objectives of hospice to assure quality
patient care. Strives for independence and sound critical
decision-making regarding the delivery of patient care in a
cost-effective manner without compromising quality. Develops the
patients Plan of care in collaboration with other professionals and
implements treatment strategies based on scientific nursing theory
that promotes physical, psychosocial, emotional, and spiritual
well-being. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
Familiar with the concepts and needs of patients / families who are
facing death and dying. Effective communication skills, both
verbally and written.
- Makes the initial nursing evaluation in determining eligibility
for hospice services during visit within forty-eight (48) hours of
- Identifies the patient's/family's physical, psychosocial, and
environmental needs and re-assesses as needed, no less than every
fifteen (15) days.
- Initiates and coordinates the plan of care.
- Documents problems, appropriate goals, interventions, and
patient/family response to hospice care.
- Collaborates with the patient/family, attending physician and
other members of the IDG in providing patient and family care
- Instructs and supervises the patient/family in self-care
techniques when appropriate.
- Maintains accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding the
- One year of clinical experience.License Requirements
- Current RN licensure in the state of practice and one year of
- Current CPR Certification.
- Current driver's license, valid vehicle insurance, and access
to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation.Required
Keywords: Conemaugh Regional Hospice, Altoona , Registered Nurse (Hospice), Other , Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!