Certified Medical Assistant CEP
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job Title: Certified Medical Assistant CEP
Location: Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Patient Support, Nursing and Nursing Support
Work Type: Full time
Department: Centre County Community Medicine Division
Date Posted: 11/16/2023
Job ID: R-54638
Job Summary---Acts as a mentor, EPIC super user and educator for
the department and/or clinic site. Provides direct patient care and
clinical support for physicians and other providers in the
outpatient setting. Functions as an integral member of the health
care team under the direction of the provider. Performs clinical
duties such as preparing patients, collecting and reviewing
pertinent information, performing technical duties, documenting
using the electronic medical record, and supporting a safe
environment for patients. Provides administrative and clerical
support for the clinic/department including patient scheduling,
filing reports, and following up on documentation, phone calls, and
billing inquiries. Graduate of an accredited 1-year certificate or
2-year diploma Medical Assistant program preferred.
- Hours: Rotating daylight, 7a-7p
- Occasional Travel to other sites for meetings, as needed
- Provides nursing care to patients by identifying and addressing
physical, social and psychological needs of the patient and family
to the registered nurse.
- Serves as a resource to patients, families, and healthcare
- Performs all aspects of the Certified Medical Assistant
- Mentors the professional development of novice team
- Coordinates a consistent orientation by communication of
orientee's progress and needs to other preceptors as
- Provides leadership, guidance, and support for staff members at
the unit level.
- Actively participates as a team member in working toward team
goals of the unit and organization.
- Supports and reinforces health teaching to patients.
- Satisfactorily completes all aspects of the domain selected in
the Career Enhancement Program (mentor, educator, performance
improvement, clinical coordinator, or any other additional domain
as identified by unit need).
- Completes all unit based skill competencies on an annual
- Submits portfolio to reporting supervisor to document
performance in the Career Enhancement Program prior to performance
- Serves as a unit preceptor for orientees.
- Assists with completion or orientation paperwork.
- Meets with orientee weekly during orientation period.
- Reviews orientees progress weekly with clinical Nurse
- Assists with unit based education.
- Assists with review of unit based competencies and skills
- Provides small group in-services or informal displays on the
- Assists with unit education for new products, procedures and
- Responsible for actively participating in patient safety
improvement initiatives and reporting.
- Assumes responsibility for identifying processes or systems
that could potentially lead to errors and adverse events.Certified
Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered Medical Assist (RMA)
required. Certified by one of the listed governing associations
required: NHA, AMT, AAMA, NAHP, NCCT, AAH, or AMCA.Work is
typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for
satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required),
Graduate from Specialty Training Program- (Preferred)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification
within 6 months - Default Issuing Body; Certified Medical Assistant
- Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Altoona , Certified Medical Assistant CEP, Other , Julian, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!