DOCK C - CASUAL $15.91
Company: Ward Trucking
Posted on: June 11, 2019
JOB TITLE: Dock Worker
REPORTS TO: Dock Supervisor
OVERVIEW OF ROLE: To ensure the customer is always serviced first
by providing efficient and safe, claim-free handling of freight. To
exemplify Wards Pallet Expertise when loading, unloading, sorting
and handling freight by hand and/or using material handling
equipment such as forklifts, carts, etc. Properly load/unload
freight and correctly complete all required paperwork.
Ward Trucking LLC is currently accepting applications for a Dock C
- Casual in anticipation of upcoming or future growth
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Load and unload freight under the direction of the lead dock
worker or dock supervisor.
- Strip trailers and move freight using appropriate freight
handling equipment to appropriate trailers to be loaded according
to specifications on manifests or other paperwork.
- Correctly complete all required paperwork (stripping manifest,
stacking report, road manifest, delivery loading report).
- Plan the loading of freight into trailers to fully utilize
available space and minimize risk of damage. Ensure stack racks are
correctly used in appropriate lanes and ensure shipment integrity
in support of our Pallet Expertise and the Stack Up Loading
- Properly perform tasks to assure safety and to prevent damage
to cargo. Secure load to prevent shifting, falling and damage to
the freight using stack bars, stretch wrap, stack rings and rope,
dunnage and cardboard.
- Count and inspect all shipments and make appropriate notations
on manifests for any exception (overage, shortage, damage).
- Promptly report any O S & D problems or improper loading using
the damage load report. Apply appropriate O S & D labels to freight
- Use forklift in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform work in a safe, efficient manner.
- Meet established productivity goals.
- Learn about Hazardous Materials and handle them in a safe,
correct manner in accordance with training received.
- Provide constant feedback to Operations Manager or supervisor
on specific freight handling characteristics in support of Wards
- Actively participate in driver/dock meetings providing managers
with feedback on customers and work processes. Work to understand
and support targeted growth plans. Read internal newsletters such
as the Inside Lane and Driving Force to stay abreast of whats
happening within the company.
- Fully support all technologies and processes, introduced by
Ward, that are intended to improve efficiencies and/or the customer
experience. Support would include adherence to training programs,
guidelines and processes associated with these systems.
- Must be able to read and write, complete company and
governmental forms, and understand written company policies and
- Must be able to understand and complete forms necessary to the
movement of freight in the industry; for example, road manifests,
freight bills, hazardous material labels, etc.
- Must have a working knowledge of or the ability to acquire
knowledge of the procedures necessary to perform all aspects of
freight handling in a safe and efficient manner, including properly
planning and loading trailers. Experience in forklift operation
- Must be able to work the required hours.
- Must wear steel-toed shoes/boots.
- Must participate in random drug testing of all non-DOT
- Must be able to successfully pass a post offer physical agility
test, specifically designed for the tasks associated with the
position. The physical demands for this position are "Heavy", as
defined by the Dictionary of Occupational Titles: Exerting 50 to
100 lb of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 lb of force
frequently, and/or 10 to 20 lb of force constantly to move objects,
physical demand requirements are in excess of those for medium
- Specific physical demands include, but are not limited to:
- Carrying: Occasional, up to 75 lbs., up to 40 feet
- Pushing: Occasional, up to 600 lbs., up to 100 feet
- Pulling: Occasional, up to 600 lbs., up to 100 feet
- Lifting - Floor to Knee, Knee to Waist, Waist to Shoulder:
Occasional, up to 75 lbs.
- Stooping, Twisting, Balancing, Bending, Climbing, Crouching,
- Sitting: Frequent
This job description does not necessarily represent an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or
working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended
to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the
right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks
be performed as circumstances change.
Keywords: Ward Trucking, Altoona , DOCK C - CASUAL $15.91, Other , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!