Company: The Joint Apprenticeship Committee
Posted on: March 16, 2020
JOINT APPRENTICESHIP COMMITTEE
Local Union No. 5, I.B.E.W. and Western PA Chapter, N.E.C.A.
5 Hot Metal Street, Suite 100 Pittsburgh, PA 15203-2356
APPRENTICESHIP opportunities for those who meet the requirements
are hereby announced by the Joint Apprenticeship and Training
Committee of the I.B.E.W. Local Union #5 and the Western PA Chapter
Applications will be distributed at the:
Electrical Training Center - 5 Hot Metal Street, Suite 100,
Pittsburgh, PA 15203-2356 (South Side)
March 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th - from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
March 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st - from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Clearfield Training Center - 1400 Leonard Street, Clearfield, PA
March 14th & 21st - from 10:00AM to 1:00PM
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE PICKED UP IN PERSON BY THE APPLICANT AND
COMPLETED AT THAT TIME. APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING
- Applicants shall be in good health, of average intelligence,
conscientious and interested in learning the trade.
- Must be 18 years old, as of June 30, 2020.
- Must be a high school graduate or hold a GED.
- Must have completed one year of high school algebra or one post
high school algebra course.
- Applicant must be willing to take any tests given by or for the
- When an apprenticeship is offered, one must submit to a
physical and substance testing and a test for color blindness.
These tests will be administered by a doctor selected and paid for
by the Committee.
- Must be a resident of one of the following counties in
Pennsylvania for at least one year prior to application: Allegheny;
Armstrong; Bedford; Blair; Butler; Cambria; Cameron; Centre;
Clarion; Clearfield; Elk; Fayette; Fulton; Greene; Huntingdon;
Indiana; Jefferson; McKean; Somerset; Venango; Washington and
- A non-refundable check or money order for $25.00 (Twenty-five
Dollars) will be required with the returned application.
Cost of all testing and examinations to be paid by the Committee.
We will not accept cash payments; check or money orders only.
- All applicants must have a valid Pennsylvania Driver's License
for the entire time they are in the apprenticeship program.
- The recruitment, selection, employment and training of
apprentices during their apprenticeship shall be without
discrimination due to race, color, religion, national origin, sex,
or non-job related disabilities. The sponsor shall take
affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in the
apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as
required under Title 29 or the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 30
and the Equal Employment Opportunity Regulations
of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOU:
- Copy of your High School Transcript/Official or Unofficial (not
the diploma) or your GED with scores
(not a copy of the certificate) and High School transcript for
- Your Driver's License.
- A (non-refundable) check or money order only for $25.00 made
payable to Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee. We will not
accept cash payments; check or money orders only.
Keywords: The Joint Apprenticeship Committee, Altoona , ELECTRICAL APPRENTICESHIP, Professions , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!