Package Gas Driver 1
Company: Matheson Tri-Gas
Posted on: September 22, 2019
RETENTION BONUS for ALTOONA,PA $3,000
DIVISION & UNIT OVERVIEW
Matheson is a member of one of the world's largest suppliers of
gases and gas handling equipment. Matheson is a premier supplier of
Industrial, Specialty and Medical Gases, Welding and Safety
Supplies, as well as Propane in bulk and cylinder form.
This position is responsible for the transportation of materials in
a safe and timely manner by applying knowledge for commercial
driving regulations, and roads in the area. The professional driver
will be responsible for driving to and from designated locations,
verifying loads to shipping papers, maintaining records of duty
status according to State and Federal Regulations, and performing
pre-trip and post-trip inspections. Must present a professional
business image to the public as well as fellow employees. Must
possess a valid commercial Class B Drivers License, Hazmat, Air
Brake Endorsements, and Medical card; packaged gas straight truck
driver; to include pumper, micro-bulk. Class A Drivers License &
Tanker Endorsements preferred. This position reports to the Site
Manager or Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
* Transports cylinders to assigned internal and external customers
in a timely and safety conscious manner. Stays within all posted
speed limits and complies with all DOT and company safety policies
* Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections on the vehicle.
Maintains the vehicle in a clean and proper condition.
* Legibly completes driver log/trip reports on a daily basis.
* Responsible for accurate recording of cylinders/hard-goods
transactions on customer delivery tickets and trip reports.
* Maintains good communications with supervisor and management
especially safety and customer matters.
* Operates / Drives forklift truck as required for loading and
unloading of product.
* Sets tone for employees by good example through observation of
the company's Loss prevention policies and procedures. Reports
accidents including near misses, unsafe acts or conditions and
obeys safety rules.
* Uses effective time management tools in order to follow through
on work commitments and scheduled deadlines associated with own
job; obtains agreement of all stake-holders within a development
program to identify issues, minimizes risks at an early stage,
ensure safety, and on-time delivery.
* Participate as an active member of the local safety committee
when assigned according to the rotation process.
* Filling Cryogenic Liquid Dewars.
* Provide first line technical support.
* Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the
laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin,
sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Mandatory must possess a valid commercial Class B Drivers
License, Hazmat, Air Brake Endorsements, and Medical card; packaged
gas straight truck driver; to include pumper, micro-bulk. Class A
Drivers License & Tanker Endorsements preferred.
* Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Must have previous commercial driving experience, or have
graduated from an accredited commercial driving school.
* Minimum of one year road experience preferred with no previous
moving violations for three years.
* Must be at least 21 years of age with an excellent driving
* Must be able to push cart 200 + lb. cylinders and bend/lift 50+lb
* Must have the ability to read and write English language. Perform
simple mathematical calculations. Must have ability to handle
receipts; read maps, road signs, maintain record of duty status,
* Ability to perform basic administrative functions and problem
* Must be flexible with work hours.
* Prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and climbing.
* Capable of working in diverse weather and working conditions.
* Preferred previous experience in the cylinder gas specialty
Here are a few good reasons:
Compensation package including:
* Excellent Health Benefits Package; Medical, Dental, Vision
* Top-of-the-line 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
* Paid Time Off; Holidays, Floaters, & Sick
* Life Insurance
* Short-Term Disability
* Education Assistance
* Driver Referral Bonus
* Sales Referral Bonus
Keywords: Matheson Tri-Gas, Altoona , Package Gas Driver 1, Professions , Altoona, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!